Highlighted
Helper

Call Forwarding

How does one go about activating call forwarding on Spectrum land lines? I do not have a Spectrum phone line myself, but my father just switched recently to Spectrum and is having trouble setting up the feature.

When he dials *72, he receives a recording saying the request cannot be processed (I have not heard the recording myself to validate). He never has the chance to enter the number to forward to and # to complete the process. 

4 REPLIES 4
Trusted Helper

Re: Call Forwarding

@reds91185 wrote:

How does one go about activating call forwarding on Spectrum land lines? I do not have a Spectrum phone line myself, but my father just switched recently to Spectrum and is having trouble setting up the feature.

When he dials *72, he receives a recording saying the request cannot be processed (I have not heard the recording myself to validate). He never has the chance to enter the number to forward to and # to complete the process. 

Hi Reds,

Sup?  The information that I have is that the pressing of *72 only activates or deactivates the Call Forwarding Option, AFTER that feature has already been set up by the user:

To set up Call Forwarding:

• Log into "My Account"  (My Services) using your Dad's user name and password
  • Go to Phone/ Voice Services
  • Select "Call Forwarding"  ( if you don't see options, but just see some on/off Radio buttons, click EDIT.)
  • You should be presented with a screen like the photo I have added below.  I edited out my own number for privacy reasons and you have several options that I have circled. (See Photo)  You MIGHT need to turn on "Simultaneous Ring" first.  I have that on anyway, which is needed for Nomorobo to work.)
  • Than, go to any of the other Call Forwarding option tabs in the photo to set up how you want your calls to be forwarded and the number to where they should be forwarded.  There are several options.
  • When done, save your changes.

It should activate right away, but like Caller ID on TV with a new box, I would give it up to 24 hours, should be less.

You can now use the *72 option to activate and deactivate Call Forwarding, but my understanding is that you must make the changes regarding the specifics of Call Forwarding by logging into your account or Calling Spectrum and asking to speak to a CSR in phone services to make changes to Phone Services.

I would call Spectrum if this process does not work.  You will need your Dad's account number and give the rep his customer security code found on his billing statement.  The reps will often ask for at least two pieces of account information when you call, so I would have his statement handy on line or in printed form if you need to call.

Satch

Voice Zone Settings.jpg

Helper

Thanks I'll let him know. He is not very computer savvy and I doubt he has set up a user name and password yet...he wouldn't even remember the password he set up anyway.

Trusted Helper

@reds91185 wrote:

Thanks I'll let him know. He is not very computer savvy and I doubt he has set up a user name and password yet...he wouldn't even remember the password he set up anyway.

Reds,

Can you set it up for him?  If you have his account information, you should be able to do that, or you can call Spectrum on his behalf to help with that.

Satch

Helper

Yeah I'll have to get that set up for him...I'm his personal tech support help line. He is always downloading something sketchy or clicking the wrong check box to allow a browser hijacker or some random toolbar download all the time.