Observer

Seeking an Improved Lights App

Hello.

We just had IH installed and were wondering about a simple upgrade to the touchscreen app for lights.   The current app is "dumb" in that all it can do is turn lights on or off upon demand.

We were hoping to see some programming ability for the app so that it would be possible to locally or remotely decide when the lights could turn on or off and set multiple times for it to occur.   This would be really helpful for people that want the home to look active at night during the week or when on vacation.   I doubt the such programming would be difficult since there is a built-in clock on the touchscreen already.

Can an TWC representative please advise?

Thanks,

drbug

4 REPLIES 4
Spectrum Employee

Re: Seeking an Improved Lights App

As for functionality I am not sure what is coming down the pipes, but I can certainly forward your suggestion to the right people. 

Observer

Hello Frank G.   Thanks for responding.   

I hope that the design team at I-Connect will consider this.

drbug

Browser

Umm.. I can do that-

When I log into the web portal you click on My Rules then select "add rule" select the light and program the light to go on or off whenever you please.

I have mine set for dusk to 11:00 on certain days and different times for others and even have a vacation schedule saved so that I can turn on or off when I need it.

Hope that helps

Observer

Hello MCH:

I noticed that ability to create rules while looking around but thought it applied only to the alarm;  I had not paid attention to the information below that shows that rules can be applied to several components.

Thanks for this solution - no need for additional programming!

drbug