why is web mail access so slow and, more often, non-responsive?

I'm not talking about Roadrunner on my computer, but rather the link from the home page to Mail, used when I'm traveling or in my office.  It is like walking through deep mud; I often have to give up.  I also need to focus on opening only the most important emails, because I know the system will stop on me after a few minutes.  And this is true on several different computers and locations, including when I access from my office, which is at a Fortune 500 company with a great IT infrastructure.  It's been getting worse over the past several months, and today is truly abysmal.

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: why is remote-access Internet so slow and, more often, non-responsive?

what do tracert's to twc.com and roadrunner.com look like?

Mine here from ohio are 27ms...

But, Are you trying to use a TWC connection or a compettitors to access TWC?

Or a public wifi connection?

Spectator

Re: why is web mail access so slow and, more often, non-responsive?

I doubt we'll get an answer to this, but my webmail connection has become so slow, it's nearly non-existent lately (all browsers, all computers, all connections).  For the record, it's a direct to TWC connection, via cable (although it's just as slow with wi-fi).

For THIS, my bill went up???? HUH?????

Please don't give me more reasons to leave TWC. We have no competition here, and satellite is not a  viable option. Smiley Sad

Same here.  I get it whether it's wi-fi or a direct connection, and I also get it using my company's connection when I'm in hte office, and I even get it at home when I use one of my computers that is hooked up to TWC (the one that  normally has the Roadrunner application running isn't in use just now, so I check my email from the other computer, using the remote access).

Spectator

My emails are coming in one or two days later then when the people send them!  I'm so tired of missing emails or being told I'm not answering emails when I never got them in the first place.  Wishing now I had asked more questions before I changed to Time Warner!!  My fees have gone up and up since last year but the product isn't living up to what was promised.  Considering going back to where i was before if this doesn't get fixed!