Highlighted

Windows 10 email "your account settings are out of date"

I set up my new windows 10 PC email using the settings from TWC's web site and had no problems.

Now for the last three weeks, every time i open the Email Tile in windows 10, I get a message at the top of the email window in yellow that says "Your (your first and last name) account settings are out of date".

This happened about three weeks ago.  Then it started working again.  I had made NO CHANGES to my email account settings.  The password has remain unchanged.

I have changed NOTHING.  It WAS WORKING.

I have tried every variation of usernames, and advanced authentication settings but nothing works.

I called TWC Tech Support, and of course, they said they would not or could not support ANY email clients, other than their web mail. 

Now what????? 

If I wanted to use a web mail clinet, I probably wouldn't use the one for TWC. 

Everyone's Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Windows 10 email "your account settings are out of date"

IIf you are using the standard Mail application? I would delete the account in the application, then add new accout hit +  pop imap category

No, I have been dreading doing that.  I guess I'll have to give it a try.

it's just odd, how it was working fine, get this message, then it works, then it starts up again.

i'm so sick of no ISP owning up, and supporting anything but their webmail service.

Helper

@Peter_flanagan wrote:

No, I have been dreading doing that.  I guess I'll have to give it a try.

it's just odd, how it was working fine, get this message, then it works, then it starts up again.

i'm so sick of no ISP owning up, and supporting anything but their webmail service.

As of late I have been having problems with logging into Microsoft, randomly, I am thinking there could be a problem on Microsoft end, connecting  you up to TWC pop server properly?