Newcomer

Windows 10 Mail not sending - Motorola SBG6580 firewall stopping outgoing mail

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up this ongoing subject again but trying to use Windows Mail 10 and it's not sending the outgoing mail.  After a bunch of trial and error I've found that the firewall in my Motorola SBG6580 modem is what's stopping the email from sending when set to a High or medium setting.   The TWC outgoing mail is "mail.twc.com:587:0"  I'm making a bunch of assumptions but I think the modem is setup to allow mail on port 465 (see pictures)??  I can't change that setting in my firewall but was looking for any ideas on how to fix the firewall whether there's a way to set up a forwarding port or port filter if possible.  I know it's a modem issue as the problems follows two seperate SBG6580 modems on two different computers.1.jpg2.jpg

1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Windows 10 Mail not sending - Motorola SBG6580 firewall stopping outgoing mail

I apologize for any poor experience.  I've provided a link to email support that you may find helpful:   Email Support link

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: