Seasoned Contributor

What options for email server?

I have been reading through the threads and it appears I need to move away from my rr.com server.  Before I start that process, does Spectrum have a server or should I just go to one of the public ones like Outlook.com?

I did upgrade my service a few years ago and as far as I know, I am on the Spectrum pricing plan. 

Thanks..

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: What options for email server?

@Saltgrass wrote:

I have been reading through the threads and it appears I need to move away from my rr.com server.  Before I start that process, does Spectrum have a server or should I just go to one of the public ones like Outlook.com?

While I believe there are no plans for Spectrum (and the cable companies they have purchased) to cancel / walk-away from providing email service, there are reasons why you may want to move away to an independent mail service, such as gmail, yahoo, or outlook.com:

1.  Email is not the cable company's prime business.  The other offerers of email make it a large part of their business.  Service is more reliable and they stay more on top of things than a cable company.

2.  Should you change ISPs, you will most likely NOT be able to take your mail / email address with you.  If you use gmail, yahoo, outlook.com, you email goes with you, even if you move some place far away.

#2 is the real reason to consider a switch...  Many here recommend it.

Highlighted
Seasoned Contributor

Thanks for the response.  What started this is it took 5 hours for several emails to be delivered.  Since I had not noticed that before it may have just been some sort of outage.  I might start moving some of my online accounts over to an address that I can keep, as you suggest.

Thanks again..

Highlighted
Seasoned Contributor

I just switched my account over to Spectrum and the email is the same, still RR..  But I do  have 200 Mbps, up from 100 Mbps,  speed for maybe a little less per month than the old rates..

So everything worked out well, thanks..