Highlighted
Spectator

Unable to Send Email!

I'm trying to help my mother, who has been unable to send email for about a week.  Prior to that everything worked fine, and no changes have been made to account for the unexpected behavior.

The error message via Thunderbird says...  "An error occured while sending mail: The Mail server sent an incorrect greeting: p-impout010.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 76.77.46.130 blocked AUP#CMDNS"

So I installed eMClient, to see if it would resolve things.  Nope; it gives a similar error...  "Invalid server reply when connecting: 'p-impout002.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 76.77.46.130 blocked AUP#CMDNS"

What in the world is going on and how can we fix it???

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Unable to Send Email!

I apologize for any poor experience.  I've provided a link to email support that you may find helpful:   Email Support link

Unless you are an authorized user on your mother's account, we are limited in how we can assist.  We encourage you have her contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Highlighted
Spectator

Thanks, James. Her settings are correct, according to the link you provided. Can you tell me how to become an "authorized user on her account"? She could call support directly and have no idea what they're saying. She's technically challenged, and barely able to point and click emails.
Highlighted
Community Manager

She would need to verify her account and then add you as an authorized user.  

Highlighted
Browser

I have a similar problem. Perhaps if this post was answered we all could learn from it and fix our own problems.

Getting a correct response from Specrum on the phone is next to impossible.