Rookie

Twc email having trouble with mail clients

Having trouble with email communicating with my outlook gets sending issues, does not recognize the account. Checked web mail directly and works fine.. Is this an issue with spectrum change over?

5 REPLIES

Re: Twc email having trouble with mail clients

There are quite a few other posts made the past few days about this, so yes, many of us myself included are having this problem.  You can view the other posts for more info if you would like to.

Rookie

See this is a big problem. perhaps twc is using third party provider for their mail server. Thus making it harder to isolate and fix trouble locally within their system.  This would be bad if customers cancel their services because of  this mess

Spectator

The problem continues today.  Has gone on almost a week.  I am waiting for another provider and will then dump Spectrum.

Observer

Discovered something today with my Aqua Mail client on my Android phone that I could send email out via the SMTP server.   So I went and looked at the settings on my phone and I do not authenticate with an ID / Password into that server.  Then when I got home I updated those settings with Thunderbird on my desktop and now I can send out email.

I seem to remember from many years back that we do not have to authenicate to the RR SMTP server for outgoing and then TWC changed it.  Now it appears we have gone backward in time.    Well for at least the moment.  :-)

Browser

Getting smtp password failures?  Turn off smtp authentication.  Works for me now.