Spectator

Time Warner Cable and Spectrum blocking emails

Lately, Time Warner Cable and Spectrum have been blocking emails that I used to receive from companies and businesses that I have dealt with for years.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Emails from Walmart.com, Newegg.com and Nationwide.com are just some of the places I can no longer receive emails from.  Is there a reason for this?

Anyone with any thoughts as to why places like this are being blocked would be greatly appreciated.  I have had to go to using an email address from places like hotmail or gmail in order to recieve what I once received at my RoadRunner email addressess.

3 REPLIES 3
Valued Participant

Re: Time Warner Cable and Spectrum blocking emails

This is usually the result of a bad spam filter. These filters see email that is mailed out to millions of people and assume it is spam.  They may also then label the actual companies as spammers and block legitimate emails from them.   Have you checked your spam/junk folder for the emails. I have found that some of these filters will block email from a company one day and let it through the next. No one knows exactly how these filters work and that is on purpose since the spammers would quickly use this info to circumvent them.  

Newcomer

Having the same problem with roadrunner (carolina.rr older address) blocking emails from my long-term, major bank.  This just started happening.   Also have folks say they never got my emails. I think Spectrum is trying to kick off all the older email addresses from roadrunner legacy accounts, making the email service unreliable so we will be forced to change email addresses.  I can do this, yet won't get as great an email address as my roadrunner one. 

Newcomer

I think that while a TWC Spectrum E-Mail Account e-mail user-defined junk and filter settings can handle incoming (Inbox) message, the e-mail provider beside the user settings can also block messages that are known as spam or blacklisted e-mail addresses without notification (even in Junk Mail folder).

As an alternative, other free e-mail services besides TWC Spectrum E-mail might receive those kind of messages, sometimes going to Junk Mail or Spam folder. Example: I registered with some online site for e-mail verification, but it never came to my TWC Spectrum Inbox, and while using the alternative e-mail address from other one, it did show up in Inbox or Junk/Spam folder.