Lead Moderator

Re: TWC/RR email setup with Outlook/O365

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-email-in-the-outlook-for-android-app-886db551-8dfa-4...

This link seems to have information on the App. 

There is a lot of information on that page. I dont use Android myself or Outlook

of any variety. I am sorry I dont have more detailed information for you.

Anyone else out there familiar with Outlook 360? 

Julia 

Browser

I don't use outlook 365 so this may not help. I have used the Outlook email client with roadrunner with success but I needed to change the port settings. The program wants to use incoming port 993 and outgoing port 587, which are the recommended settings for roadrunner. I needed to change the incoming port to 143 for IMAP to work. The pop settings would be incoming 110 and outgoing 25.
Browser

Hi @Julia_R and @CaptainNemo ,

The link on support.office.com does have a lot of info; however, none specific to Spectrum / TWC / Roadrunner email.

@CaptainNemo is correct about what the "proper" ports are supposed to be for Roadrunner in Outlook; however, I'll try his port 143 suggestion.

@Julia_R , the support people for Outlook for Android didn't divulge any details except to say the app was designed to work in many situations.

Observer

I tried both of those ports with  no luck.  And what i don't get is that it works with the web version and PC version of outlook, so I suspect it has something to do with mobile outlook.  Although the mobile support folks think it's Spectrum/roadrunner.  

I don't understand why there are so many variations between the different versions of outlook now (web, PC, mobile).  There aren't even the same features anymore.  Looks like Outlook is really taking a step backwards.  Many of us want an app that will allow us to pull in multiple email addresses, which we used to be able to do.  I guess not anymore.

Sounds like no one really has any answers, but thanks anyway.  If anyone did have luck setting up roadrunner with the new O365 mobile version, please do share!  Thanks.

Browser

I guess I am not familiar with outlook 0365.  I can tell you that the outlook app I recently downloaded to my iphone (from the itunes store) works fine.  I went to my account on outlook.com and input the roadrunner accounts that I wanted to monitor via the app.  All the messages sent to these roadrunner accounts are collected by my outlook.com email address and they all appear in the app.