Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum email addresses targeted again with spoof emails

Spectrum email addresses database have recently been targeted again this year by a bad actor this time using various IP addresses belonging to 1and1.com.

Reporting the emails with full headers to abuse@1and1.com haven't resulted in any reply or having stopped the spoof emails for over a month. Similarly,  marking the emails as spam in Spectrum webmail hasn't any effect.

The spoofs emails  are Walmart, CVS, McAfee, Norton, LeafFilter, US Postal Service, etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum email addresses targeted again with spoof emails

Ditto. It's not just Spectrum too. Other ISPs too like EarthLink. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Rookie

The spoof emails are still arriving from various IP addresses belong to 1and1.com.

New spoofs are Stansberry Research, Dr. Tinnius and Best Company (Medical Alert).

Spectrum's email spam filter still ineffective.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

If they appear to be Phising emails that are impersonating these companies we encourage you to visit:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-avoid-phishing-scams#report

Julia 

Highlighted
Observer

Dear Spectrum email,

I'm really tired of posting to the forums and/or sending messages to the spectrum facebook page, which I get the standard answer: "We'll convey your feedback to our engineers". the amount of spam email to my columbus.rr.com email account is very irritating. The block address/domain list in my account is pretty long approaching 70+ entries. I got over 25 spam email in my spam folder as I marked these messages as "spam". These messages are since Apr. 25th. I never get these from my yahoo or gmail accounts. Some of the "from" email addresses can be easily programmed into SPectrum filters, e.g. someone sending from edu.com or com.edu is CLEARLY a spammer that any dumb filter can catch. I still have all messages that I marked as spam inside the spam folder in my account. Marking messages as spam does not stop the rate of spam. PLEASE FIND a solution. I'm including here some of these addresses and IP fields from the source message. Thank you.

<DkiXOND@DkiXOND.eycand.edu.com>
<noreply@Rcu.fortheloans.com>
<noreply@UDg.leaffilterpromo.com>
<info@centernetfix.co>
<noreply@IdY.trycbdgummybears>
<noreply@Zep.gosunpowernow.com>
<noreply@3Tw.terminixpestscontrol.com>
<noreply@9hG.trycbdgummybears>
<noreply@2YW.sellyourhomenow4cash.com>
<noreply@6Qo.the360score.com>
<noreply@QMh.nervepaintreatment>
<noreply@kP1y.usconsumerguardian.com>