Rookie

Spectrum and Outlook 2016

Hi,

My Email is an "IMAP" account using MS Office Outlook 2016. I'm using an IMAP account.

This account now syncs when I check mail etc.

I would like to utilize a POP accound instead.

Can you provide your server address both Pop3 and SMTP.

Also, when email was installed I ased for the Master password but was told there isn't one?

I know I had to setup an email account/address to be used with Outlook, and ofcourse I do have that passwrod wich I assume ill utlize with the Pop 3 account.

I live in Southern Ohio - Lebanon area

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum and Outlook 2016

May I ask why you want to switch back to POP?  I assume you know the difference between the two and the advantages of using IMAP over POP, especially if you want to be able to access your email from multiple locations / devices.

Rookie

Because on IAMP outlook2016 now syncs folders each time I'am on outlook. This takes too long.

I have tried various "Fixes" nothing works.

POP in Outlook 2016 is reported to NOT sync folders, hence my request.

Thankyou

Proven Sharer

There are other email clients you can use, but do realize that if you store GB's of emails, no matter what client you use, they are going to sync. 

The disadvantage of POP is that once the email server is POPped, and the email is downloaded to your client, that is the ONLY place the message will reside, and should your computer fail, you will lose all your email.  And, let's say you read an email on your PC, but then later in the day / week, need to read it on the go (say, on your phone).  You can't with POP, because the message was downloaded to the PC, and is no longer on the server so it can't be downloaded to your phone.

You can use .pst files in Outlook to archive old email messages, and cut down on syncing time.

Are you using Spectrum's email servers?  Or other third part email (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)

I think the only thing you need to do is change in the incoming mail server from imap.spectrum.net to pop3.spectrum.net or something...  I am sure the settings vary on what system you are connected to.

Rookie

Hi

Thank you for your assistance. However,  I have utilized POP email via MS Outlook for years and years and would like to continue. I have only been using IMAP for about a week with Spectrum.

I was only asking what the exact POP and SMTP servers are so I can change to a POP outlook 2016 email. Unless ofcourse,  someone knows how to stop the syncing of folders in MS outlook 2016.  None of the web solutions have worked for me.

Thanks

Rookie

Hi

Sorry I forgot to reply to your question.  Yes, I am  using Spectrum's email servers.

Browser