Rookie

Server SSL Certificate Rejected

I use Eurdora.  Starting yesterday, when I try to send mail, I get the message "Server SSL Certificate Rejected ...  One certificate in the server cert chain has Expired ..." 

The mail is not sent.  It does not show up when I browse TWC 'sent mail'. 

I have clicked "trust this certificate in future sessions", but the same error occurs.

Received mail works fine.

7 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: Server SSL Certificate Rejected

I've been having the same problem for over 24 hours now. I'm getting very frustrated. I need to reply to people via email.
Observer

I use Outlook, and I'm unable to send email from one of my two addresses, since last night.  Receiving email okay, the other address works in both directions.  Naturally, the one that won't send is the important one.  Maybe a server is down?  Is there anywhere on the website where they update statuses like that?

Browser

You need to set username to be the full email instead of just user

So not just say "bubbajay"

but "bubbajay@san.rr.com"   no quotes

Also click the box for....    Use submission port (587)

These two changes worked on two PCs running Eudora.

I did not have to change my smtp server which is still the below in my area.

smtp-server.san.rr.com

OH AND THANKS SPECTRUM FOR ABSOLUTELY ZERO NOTIFICATION ON THIS!!!!!

Jeez.

Rookie

I tried what you say.  Didn't work for me - SOSO. 

Not applicable

Did not work for me either ... use Thunderbird and have been having serious issues for a week or so now. Not good at all.
Newcomer

Thanks, CessnaDriver, for this information for those of us who use Eudora e-mail client.  Such a simple fix to a very frustrating problem of not being able to send e-mail for the past 4 days.  I chatted with Spectrum support staff 2 days ago and all they said was they were aware of the proble and working on it.  

Newcomer

CessnaDriver's instructions worked for me on Thunderbird also.  Open Thunderbird and click the  box in the upper right corner with 3 lines in it.  Select Options and then Account settings.  Make the changes CessnaDriver suggests.