Outlook 2019 (packaged with Office 2019); Windows 10 Professional with latest update
Starting on 1/30/19 I have been getting a send receive error with this message
Task 'firstname.lastname@example.org - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 550 5.1.0 ESMTP server not available AUP#O-1070'
I have been receiving messages from various senders with no errors. My wife’s computer has no errors. She has an earlier version of Outlook and Windows 10 Professional. We both have Spectrum as our ISP.
I have done the following:
· Reset the cable modem
· Reset the Wi-Fi modem (wife’s computer uses Wi-Fi, mine uses direct cable)
· Checked IMAP account settings; they are exactly the same as they were before the error
· Sent test message to my computer--message received
· Sent test message to wife’s computer—message received
· Wife sent message to my computer-- message received
· Looked at Spectrum server email and it looked normal
· In desperation, reinstalled Office 2019—error persists
I am baffled by this error, and would appreciate your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't list it in my original post, but I did try disabling all firewalls. I didn't have much hope for this since my wife's computer has the same firewalls and she doesn't have this problem.
I doubled the server timeouts from one minute to two minutes to no avail.
I can live with this problem since my email is otherwise working correctly--I can send and receive emails. However, I would really like to find the cause and fix the problem
I am glad you found the solution. Since I don't understand all of the functions of a data file, I don't know why replacing it fixed the problem. However, since I had tried everthing else I and some others could think of, I tried it. For me, a lucky victory but I'll take it.