Highlighted
Rookie

Repeated inability to send email

I am getting this message: "An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: p-impout001.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 172.93.13.238 blocked AUP#Out-1130."

I'm using Thunderbird email client. This has happened intermittently over the last several months.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Repeated inability to send email

Do you get the same error when using webmail?   

https://webmail.spectrum.net/

Highlighted
Rookie

As I said, this is a problem reported by the email client, Thunderbird.  It only happens with Spectrum and it only happens intermittently.  Spectrum web mail is not the problem.  It's the fact that Spectrum does not send messages and returns this error message to the email client. Thunderbird never reports this error message with Gmail.  Only with Spectrum and only every now and then, although I may be unable to send for several hours when it occurs. I am not changing anything on this end. Something seems to change with Spectrum sometimes that causes it to intermittently fail to send messages.  Do you have any idea what it might be and how I could deal with it?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Are you sending using a Spectrum / Charter or Legacy TWC email domain? 

Highlighted
Rookie

Thanks. I am using a legacy TWC domain:  austin.rr.com

Highlighted
Community Manager

AUP = Acceptable Use Policy and is typically related to issues such as email attachments or excessive emails.  Are you able to reproduce the issue using Spectrum Webmail? 

Highlighted
Rookie

Could this have something to do with the TWC legacy account?

This is not a problem with Spectrum web email. I have not had this problem with Spectrum web email.

Highlighted
Community Manager

It is possible.  I would suggest that you contact support directly for further investigation and assistance.