Newcomer

Q: Migrating from legacy (TWC rr) to Spectrum account - what is the story with the RR emails

Hi,

This may be a questions answered before - my apologies in advance. I need clear statements / guidance on this area.

I have been with TWC for 20yrs ... since they became Spectrum I have been looking into saving $ by making changes to the account. That said, I need to move into a Spectrum account - appently - if I need to make said changes.

My question is about the TWC email service I am currently using (RoadRunner - 5 active email addresses). Some rep told me that those are kept operational and without changes but it took some time before he understood what I was referring to.

Now, what is the real deal with TWC email service when moving from a legacy account to Spectrum? Lose them? service gets impaired? ...

I know I could use a cloud-based service ... I am trying to understand what is the reality of this transition so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks!!!

Carlos

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Q: Migrating from legacy (TWC rr) to Spectrum account - what is the story with the RR emails

Hi Carlos! 

Welcome to the Forums!  So, it sounds like you are a legacy TWC customer who is considering switching to Spectrum pricing and are concerned how it will impact email.  The quick answer is that there is no impact.  Existing "roadrunner.com", ".rr.com" and "twc.com" emails will continue to be supported and your email access will not change.   You will only loose access to your email if you cancel Internet services.  

We are unable to assist with pricing in this Forum, but most customers on the Forums have expressed a preference for visiting a local store when they have questions about pricing and services.   If you are considering  a Spectrum pricing plan, please be sure to ask if there will be changes to things like channel line ups.  There may be difference.  In most cases, customers will be able to get faster Internet speeds and similar channel line up for the same or less cost.  Also know once on a Spectrum pricing plan, changes are permanent and cannot be reversed. 

Let us know, anytime you have questions.  

Newcomer

Re: Q: Migrating from legacy (TWC rr) to Spectrum account - what is the story with the RR emails

Thank you for the prompt response! Really appreciate it. Thanks for clarifying, too.

I have been to the local Spectrum store but they directed me to call it in ... b/c the couldn't offer any enticing pricing (no promotions b/c it is not a new customer situation - according to them). The challenge with that is that AT&T offers 1Gbps (up/down) in this area for way less than the store was quoting me the 200Mbps service.

I will follow-up with them as suggested ...

Many thanks again ...

Carlos