Highlighted
Browser

Not receiving mail from certain senders

My wife has figured out that she has been having mail from a friend of hers bouncing back to the sender without ever being delivered to her. 

The sender was able to send her a copy of the bounce message via another (non-Spectrum) account, and I see the following:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 p-impin026.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 173.231.241.28 blocked AUP#CMBL

I'm assuming that this is hitting some kind of blacklist.  

The sender's domain is  campsandretreats.org.  Mail is being sent to a rochester.rr.com address.  

Does Spectrum support this kind of issue via the forums, or is there some other way to get a ticket in front of them to get this fixed? 

Given the ridiculous amount of spam that still  gets through to both my wife's account and mine, it's really sucks that legitimate e-mail is being blocked by a blacklist, if that's what this is.  I'm sort of wondering how much other mail is not getting through, and no one ever contacted us via other channels to check on why we haven't responded.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Not receiving mail from certain senders

From a web browser, log in to the webmail page for the account in question.   In my case that would be https://webmail.spectrum.net, but yours may differ.  Click on "Settings" and then "Filters and Blocked Senders".  Make sure there are no filters or blocked senders listed that might affect that incoming email.  Just to be sure, add the domain "campsandretreats.org" to the 'Safe Senders' list.  Under the "Spam" section check 'mark as Spam and deliver to inbox'. 

See if that helps. 

Highlighted
Browser

Re: Not receiving mail from certain senders

She tried this, and asked the sender to send a test message, which did get through.  No idea if the changes we made to whitelist the domain helped, or if the domain just came off of whatever blacklist Spectrum is using, but this seems resolved for now.

The other issue with this message was that the bounced message had an attachment.  My wife forgot to have the sender test with an attachment again, and doesn't want to annoy her associate with more requests for tests, so they'll have to watch it next time to see if it was the attachment that made the difference.