Highlighted
Newcomer

Not receiving emails since 11:37 this morning, Dec. 16

I am no longer receiving emails on my cell phone or desktop.  Can send but not receive.  Several folks have called about emails that they sent.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?

13 REPLIES 13
Browser

2 issues: Messages not being delivered and SMTP from phone

Problem #1: A family member is having problems e-mailing me.  At first she was using a yahoo.com account, but I also had her try her work account, and neither message was delivered to me.  I'm concerned that hers are not the only messages being blocked.  The message from the Yahoo address did bounce back to her eventually.  The error was:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<REMOVEDMYADDRESS@rochester.rr.com>:

Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

Problem #2:  Outgoing mail servers seem to not be allowing mail to go through from devices such as phones when not on Spectrum's network, AGAIN.  This has been an on-and-off thing in the past, that apparently has now reared its ugly head again.  In this day and age, I expect to be able to send mail using the e-mail addresses I pay for, from whatever device I choose to access them from.  Can someone flip the switch on this again so the outgoing servers actually do their jobs?

Participant

Re: Not receiving emails since 11:37 this morning, Dec. 16

Agreed there is something wrong with Spectrum Email, it looks like I can send but cannot receive any messages since earlier today.

Newcomer

I also can not receive emails

Hi all, 

We are aware of the issue with emails not being delivered. Our technicians are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible so emails can be received, but we have not been provided an ETA for restoration.  

Thanks, 

Regards,
Renee T.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Lead Moderator

Good morning!

At this time the issue should be resolved. If you are still having problems please let us 

know.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

Julia 

Newcomer

Unable to send e-mail thru any Road Runner accounts. Can receive email thru those accounts.

We have been unable to send email thru all our personal carolina.rr.com accounts since yesterday, on both cell phone and PC. We ARE able to receive emails from those accounts. When trying to send an email In Outlook, we receive this error message:

'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 p-impout001.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp nnn.nn.nnn.nn (our ip address) blocked AUP#CMDNS'

We've tried making email configuration changes suggested from various Spectrum web pages, but none of them has worked. What needs to be done to enable us to send emails from our carolina.rr.com accounts?

Seasoned Contributor

I had a problem the other day where I had been waiting on emails for 5 hours.  I decided to reboot my modem and shortly after that the first one came in followed, slowly by the others..

Not applicable

Any updates?  I am still having this same problem unable to send emails.  When I call as suggested, the only answer is that our technicians are still aware and still working the problem.  Over 2 weeks and still can't resolve the issue?  I'd like to hope that Spectrum is putting more resources to this resolution. 

Lead Moderator

Hi @Brent1 

We have been working to resolve issues with the connection between the Outlook App and our email servers.  The problem has been identified and should be corrected.  You may have to try multiple times however due to Microsoft relaying from multiple different IP addresses. 

If you will let us know your results it would be appreciated. 

Julia