Highlighted
Contributor

Re: New eMail Web Interface is Super Slow with Multiple Problems

I've called tech support numerous times. everybody says they'll look into it and call me back - but never do.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@eyerazor_com wrote:

I've called tech support numerous times. everybody says they'll look into it and call me back - but never do.

Hello, 

Have you cleared your cookies and cache and restarted your device since the Spectrum Mail Update?  If that produces no changes, or the problems come back see below:

I agree with Julia.  My suggestion is to get a Twitter account.  If you already have one, log in and follow the @Ask Spectrum Page.  Direct Message your account information and say that your email is super-slow since the change-over.

Screenshots with the explanations are a big help, along with time durations for doing email tests.  With your account information, Spectrum should be able to localize the problem to your area.  Perhaps nothing is showing now, because service is slow, but not out.

Going through Twitter with information for your area, Spectrum can investigate.  You mentioned neighbors having problems as well.  If so, they should also get Twitter accounts, follow the @Ask Spectrum Page, and post their email problems using the new interface concerning speed and reliability.  Everyone should give their operating system and browser used when reporting problems with the new Spectrum Mail.

Satch

Highlighted
Helper

@eyerazor_com wrote:

I'm on a Mac and need  web based email access for a variety of reasons and not an email program

A little off topic and I know you said you already said you explained why you need  Spectrum email...but can you be a little more specific? Using a Mac isn't necessarily a reason for needing Spectrum email.

There are multiple benefits to using an email service that is not tied to your ISP. What if you get a deal you can't refuse from a competing ISP tomorrow or you want to move out of Spectrum's service area but can't simply because you don't want to lose an email address?

Highlighted
Contributor

I've done the cookies and cache clear to no avail.  will proceed with support help through their twitter account.  thanks.

Highlighted
Newcomer

Whatever the last change you made to the service sent 56,000 emials into my inbox, I have had the RR email since 1997 and kept it after numerous mergers because I have so many items lnked to it. I tried to empty your webmail platform but the delete function does not work. I have used apple mail with no problems since 2012 so whatever you guys did have realy fouled things up. I'm not the only one, I've had several friends with problems that started last week

Highlighted
Newcomer

Yes, this Spectrum interface is terribly slow.  The answer really should not be " Move to another type of email client".

What is worse than the speed is I continually see my email disappear into the wrong folders and worse end up in the trash.  

The Interface just messed up my organization again today with some emails that I was saving due to purchases.  They ended up in my Trash and others I had moved to my folders, were back again in my inbox.

This is not a cookies problem either as I have installed two new systems and they both show the same problem under Chrome.  253MB out of 5GB used.

Is anyone looking at this Webmail interface?

I have submitted responses multiple times in the "FEEDBACK" button but nobody has bothered to get in touch with me.

Thank you,

PeterZ

Highlighted

We still have the same old issue with brutally, devastatingly, excruciatingly slow / non-functional / broken TWC/Spectrum email service. Ever since TWC took over from Insight Broadband and then Spectrum took over TWC, the webmail client is so slow as to be nearly unusable.

I once complained about it to them and was told to stop whining because it's a "free feature" included with the ISP service, so deal with it as it is...take it or leave it.

Uh, OK.

Insightbb was a great provider and offered a fast and excellent webmail service. I miss them!
Highlighted
Newcomer

SAD that there has not been a response from Spectrum or any discussion on fixes, including the fact that the email throws away the wrong emails when I delete them.

Comcast provides free email and their interface is similar but MUCH MUCH better than what Spectrum provides.

I discount the responses that say email is free.  It is not free.  It is included in the cost of your service.  Bad answer though I guess Spectrum does not care nor do they care to respond back when I click the feedback button.  

I know what will be happening here soon so.....

Highlighted
Spectator

I'm having the same problems.  Email is slow to load, slow to delete, and in addition to what you listed, the search feature doesn't work at all.  I have tried customer support but they aren't able to help, just "sorry that is happening" and then poof they're gone.  I've cleaned the cache and cookies.  I've restarted.  I've used different browsers(4).  I've even tried on my work computer.  Same results.  I also discovered that I have a folder labeled "deleted emails" that apparently contains everything back to the beginning of time.  I've spent 2 days trying to delete all those because it won't let me just delete that folder.

They keep telling me about some red icon that looks like papers falling out of a folder, and I don't have that at all.   Using Outlook doesn't solve the problem of deleting all these emails that have piled up over the course of who knows how long.

Highlighted
Newcomer

I've been having the same problems.  The webmail is incredibly slow - been using this email for 20+ years and every "improvement" is a step backward.  Does anyone ever test changes?  Phone support and chat are worthless.   It's never a Spectrum issue but a user issue.  Hmmm.

This last month, webmail is agonizing slow.   Difficult to delete.  Takes forever to move "Spam" after it's marked "Not Spam".  I usually have to delete emails multiple times before something actually gets deleted.  I'm only at 256 MB of 5 GB.    I've also noticed that some emails aren't showing up in my inbox for hours & days after they were sent.  It was bad enough on Black Friday and that weekend when the entire webmail system seemed down but the intermittant issues since then have caused a number of issues.   How do I know what I've missed getting until it shows up?

The response/suggestion to use another email is unhelpful.  It's really not "free" - I consider it part of my monthly internet package!  Because my email is tied to so many websites/accounts, etc., it's not that easy to change.  What Spectrum loses sight of is that the email address tied to them is one thing that keeps us using Spectrum internet!  If I were to use gmail, yahoo, etc., I'm more likely to look elsewhere for an internet provider.