Highlighted
Contributor

New eMail Web Interface is Super Slow with Multiple Problems

Is anyone else having these problems with the newer Spectrum email interface? Opening and deleting emails runs super slow with these simple tasks taking MUCH longer than the previous web version. The page buttons at the bottom of the page(s) take FOREVER to load once clicking or often don't load at all.  Attachments seem to load with the progress bar fairly quickly but once loaded and then sent often are sent without the attachment. I usually have to wait a solid minute and then send to make sure the attachment goes out with the email. Using Spectrum email with these new interface problems has added at least an hour each day to my work day waiting for the new interface response.  It's been several months since the new interface was launched and I had hoped some of these problems would eventually be ironed out but have not. Any other users insight would be appreciated as I'd like to hear some other user feedback before I take additional action...

13 REPLIES 13
Lead Moderator

Re: New eMail Web Interface is Super Slow with Multiple Problems

You should not be having this type of latency.

What percentage of space is used? The more email you have the slower to response.

How many email do you have displayed per page? If you have it set to a high number

you may see slower loading.

What browser are you using/version? 

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

Contributor

currently only using 257MB out of 5GB allowance

50 emails displayed per page

Safari 13.0.2

This isn't an isolated problem.

I've talked to several neighbors who are having the exact same issue...

Newcomer

It seems that the changed Spectrum Webmail interface is slower than what the Old TWC Roadrunner Webmail  was a basic design moving between web pages smoothly. With the changed interface, all email content (folders, messages) is confined to one single web page. Because of this, there is a loading circle (throbber) when changing folders, an "Info:" popup bar when doing message actions (move, delete, etc.) with a Close (X) button, which can be inconvenient for those with a large inbox of messages. It depends on the speed of your device.

There are  2  alternatives:

1.  An external e-mail client such as Windows 8/ 10 Mail (metro app pre-installed) or other comparable one can be used to read and send email with your Charter or TWC  Spectrum E-Mail Account at an improved speed. You would need to provide the server settings (IMAP for read mail, and SMTP for send mail). It varies whether your e-mail account ends with a specified domain  (  twc.com  or  charter.net  ).  For  twc.com  addresses, click here.  For  charter.net  addresses, click here.

2.  Use a Non-TWC Spectrum E-Mail Address such as Yahoo Mail. Keep in mind with free webmail which is  ad-supported, unlike what Spectrum Webmail which has no ads based on your paid Spectrum internet access.

Contributor

I'm on a Mac and need  web based email access for a variety of reasons and not an email program

Trusted Helper

Instead of Spectrum Mail, do the following:

• Switch to a free web-based email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com
  • Get a free Ad Blocker in each of your web-browsers to stop the ads.  Only one per browser, more than one will conflict.
  • Free Online Office suites provided to you with Outlook.com with a free Microsoft Account and Google Drive with a free Gmail account.
  • Use on any modern browser with an Internet connection
  • Use across multiple OS and devices.
  • More up-to-date than ISP based emails;  Less system drag.
  • Free web mail will stay with you for the rest of your life.  You only need to log in about once every three months to keep your account active.

Satch

Contributor

Have already explained (please read thread) why this in not a preferable option.

Lead Moderator

Good morning! 

Just to clarify you are using Business Class Email or residential email? 

Do you have multiple email accounts with us? If so do you see the same latency with that/those?

Regards,

Julia

Contributor

I have residential email and do not have multiple accounts.

Lead Moderator

I would encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer support team directly so that this can be further reviewed.

I do not see anything posted currently that the webmail platform is experiencing issues.

We can submit a research ticket to see if we are able to reproduce the issues you are having with your email.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia