I still get email thru Adelphia.net. I was told years ago the Adelphia email address would be purged from the system and I had to make a RR email. That has never happen, hackers have hacked me, they try to get into my PayPal, Ebay, Amazon and other accounts, they was able to hack my Twitter and delete it. Someone made a YouTube account with the Adelphia.net email, after a 1 month trial period they say they will bill me, their in for a shock, LOL. I get email to the Adelphia email all the time saying we know everything and if you don't send me $$$$ I'm going to bla bla bla. How can I get rid of that Adelphia.net email. Do I have to quit Spectrum to get rid of the account # ? I've talked with tech and they say nothing can be done. If I get hacked and it cost me $$ who is responsible
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) Create a new email account with one of the well-known "REAL" email services like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, or others. They provide much better security features than Adelphia, RoadRunner, or Spectrum ever did.
2) Pick an enhanced user name that includes mixed numbers and letters, like Bubba24#OEM so you can refer to it as Bubba TwentyFour Hashtag Oh Eee Em (that really messes up the robots).
3) Begin using it 100% starting immediately.
4) Notify everyone in your Adelphia address book of the change, using bcc for every email address. If you use dual factor authentication for any financial site or social media transactions, be sure you change each of those accounts to use the new email.
5) Set up an auto-reply message on your Adelphia account stating that your email address has been changed due to fraud. Include your new 'sanitized' email address (Bubba TwentyFour HashtagOh Eee Em AT yah-who dot com).
6) Close the Adelphia email account after thirty days.
Others will probably suggest additional identity protection and anti-piracy measures you should take. Be well informed and cautious, check with others if something doesn't sound right.
I don't have any Adelphia address book, I quit using that email 7-8 years ago when they told me I had to create a RR email and the Adephia email was going to be purged, it never has been. Adelphia email comes thur my RR email
Change the password and forget it. I'm not sure you can delete the account while you still have active internet service...could be wrong.
I've had several RR/TWC/Spectrum emails over the years that were just part of having internet service and I don't think I opened them once ever.
To add to this discussion, the Adelphia/Road Runner email system is too old and has not been updated in YEARS. Spectrum has done some slight email modifications. But many of us strongly recommend the use of a free webmail client. Webmail will be yours forever, is updated regularly, and is more consistent with security and modern technology. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com are all free and are all excellent!
The BEST Webmail Ad Blocker out there for all three of these free webmail providers, comes from web extensions developer and programmer Jason Savard who writes great extensions for the main browsers. (Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.) You can read his reviews online as well. Mozilla Firefox even recommends his email ad blocker:
Get his web mail blocker, I have not used his other extensions, but this guy has strong credentials as he works on extensions 24x7. One note is that Jason's email ad blocker only works for Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com mail only! It does not block other types of banner ad content on the web, so if you still use Ad Block or Ad Block Plus, keep using that for other content.
The thing is that Ad Block Plus only blocks some email ads but not others, and Yahoo Mail has found a way to force people to turn off Ad Block Plus where you either have to accept Yahoo's crappy ads, or go to Yahoo Premium mail, for a monthly fee, or be reduced to a very basic free email.
Jason's email ad-blocker hides ALL banner ads in the above popular email programs, in fact, if I am at Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com. I just turn off Ad Block Plus to avoid any conflict with Jason's extention. (But remember, do this only at the big three email sites above.)
Please contact us directly at Forums_Help Please include your account number, verification of your service address and the customer code you can find on your statement.
We can look into getting that email address taken care of for you. Ideally you would like to have the email address deleted?
I'm sorry that isn't working.
If you will DM us on Twitter @Ask_Spectrum or PM on Facebook.com/Spectrum and ask for me, let them know I have asked you to ask for me specifically, we can get things going there.