Highlighted
Spectator

Mailing list incoming emails bouncing

I subscribe to two mailing lists hosted by groups.io  I have been receiving all incoming messages on my stny.rr.com email for many months with no problems.

Since Friday, July 5th, I have received no new messages. Checking my account at groups.io, I note that all messages sent since the 5th have bounced - all with the following error:

"554 dnvrco-cmimta13 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000"

All the bounces are the same - with the exception of the number after "cmimta", which varies.

The groups.io domain is in my  "safe senders" list, but that probably doesn't matter, since it appears that the incoming emails are not getting past your ESMTP server.

It's not like I get a huge flood of messages from the list - typically there are between 5 to 15 each day.

All other incoming emails from other domains are getting through  with no problem.

James 

5 REPLIES 5
Lead Moderator

Re: Mailing list incoming emails bouncing

Good morning.

My guess is the IP address they are using for the mail server has been black listed.

If you know the full domain or email server IP you can check a site like https://mxtoolbox.com/ to see if they are on any blacklists.

I would also recommend checking your settings in webmail to make sure they are not blocked or forwarded from there.

If that is the case I would strongly recommend changing your password.

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

• The transmitting mail server is: web01.groups.io The ip is: 66.175.222.12
  • It is not flagged on any of the standard blacklists per mxtoolbox.com.
  • It passes both a forward and reverse DNS lookup test.
  • The groups.io domain is specifically whitelisted in my webmail "safe senders" list.

In reading the forums at groups.io, a similar problem occured about one year ago specifically relating to Spectrum email. At that time, listserv emails to Spectrum customers were bouncing with the same "ESTMP not available" error. It was determined that Spectrum had, for some reason instituted a policy blocking incoming emails from groups.io because the domain was sending "multiple emails per day" to Spectrum customers. That reasoning seems absurd, since that's the whole point & purpose of a listserv. I'm not sure how it was eventually resolved.

My incoming groups.io messages have been received with no problem for months, until July 5th. Nothing has changed in my webmail settings.

James 

Lead Moderator

We can forward this for further research.

If you will contact us directly with your account information we can get started.

We can be reached at Forums_Help

Thank you! 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

I will do so. I just re-checked the admin forums at groups.io, and other Spectrum customers who are members or group owners at groups.io are having the same problem, and it did indeed begin on Friday July 5th for all of us.

James Barrett

Spectator

As of Tuesday July 9th, incoming list emails have resumed, so the problem appears to have been resolved.