Most of the telephone techs still don't know there is a problem and are telling people to contact Microsoft (if using Outlook) or Thunderbird. They assured me last nite , after 2 hrs on the phone trying to escalate the problem, that all thier techs have been informed and it would be fixed by today.
support service was bad enough under twc but since the spectrum merge its gotten rediculous
my user name and password is correct. this problem start today for the first time.
I am using thunderbird and never had a problem before today.
i get the following;
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.1.0<####@hvc.rr.com
sender rejected AUP#1600 Please verify that your email address is correct and try again.
my email is correct -(its of course not ####)
none of your telephone support new what those return codes meant.
That is ridiculous- they are supposed to be TECH support but seem to be lacking theTECH part
I use Forte' Agent and have a similar problem with outgoing. Have not changed any settings and now cannot send (SMTP) but inbound works fine. I get "connecting...", followed by "logging in...", then this error:
Server smtp-server.gt.rr.com rejected your username and password (5.7.0 authentification rejected AUP#1100).
I have installed Thunderbird as a test, and have it working both ways. Have POP set: pop-server.gt.rr.com on port 110, email@example.com, SSL/TLS, and normal password. SMTP is set: smtp-server.gt.rr.com, port 587, connection security = none, authentification method = no authentification.
I have tried "mail.twc.com" and see that it automatically rolls over to the above server addresses, which have been programmed in for years. So, no difference there. Works fine with T-bird, but no outgoing with Forte'. The only difference I see is Forte' has no "requires authentification" checkbox. Please fix, I'm too old to try and learn another program!
I've got the same issue. It started sometime yesterday. I chatted with tech support and they said there was some kind of maintenence going on with the server. But the problem is still happening today. I use MS Outlook with an adelphia.net address. All has been working fine for years. Until yesterday...
Same problem here for 2 days = helpful tech support told me the wereaware of the issue - yippee - asked to talk to a supervisor and lo and behold he sounded the same as the tech support guy -- changed his name but couldn't even disguise his voice - got no where sicne email is a "free service" == so I did the same thing I did 3 years ago when we had the exact same issue -- contacted the FCC - I encourage others to do so as well
I just checked and all of my settings are as Russ shows above using Thunderbird ... nada, does not work.
Might be server-dependant then. I really think someone at TWC "flipped a bit" somewhere and the affected server(s) is getting info it can no longer handle.