ant
Established Sharer

Re: Is anyone else getting more spams in their old @roadrunner.com?

@JR37 wrote:
Yes! I'm glad I'm not alone. I was fortunate to only ever get maybe 1 spam email a year before but now I get several a day and it also all started like 2 weeks ago. I use the rr.com email for work and since I use an alternate app for it, I have to constantly log into webmail to "block" and "report spam".

Blocking and report spam doesn't work for me. Blocking won't work because the email addresses are random. Smiley Sad

Browser

UPDATE:  Fake domains  now only .COM ?

Over the past two days, I have noticed that TLD in spam emails seems to moved exclusively to .COM from  .loan, .finance, .science etc.  See screenshot.

I have also noticed that the volume of spam seems to have dropped a bit.

Can someone else confirm?

BlockedSenderDomain.png

ant
Established Sharer

Wow. No spams for over a day in mine. Hmm! Maybe pure luck on my side? I didn't change anything.

Observer

I went two days with no spam in all the email boxes, but then this morning at 9:53, spam hit all of them again.  Thought it was fixed.  Oh well.  

ant
Established Sharer

@frothy333 wrote:

I went two days with no spam in all the email boxes, but then this morning at 9:53, spam hit all of them again.  Thought it was fixed.  Oh well.  

Still empty in my inbox so far, but finally its junk folder caught a real spam e-mail (ADT alarm).

Observer

Three whole days w/o any spam and then this AM, all the email addresses in the household got them

Browser

I agree, it has definitely gotten better but NOT completely fixed.

I received only one  from  a  bogus domain ( .science)  today  2/1/19 and two yesterday.  

However,  last week and the week before, I was getting up to 20 per day.

Browser

Sigh ... it's back got blasted with 6 this morning and NONE in the Junk/Spam mail folder.  There was definitely a period of respite.

Does spam email make it to the Junk/Spam folder for anyone? Mine is always empty !

Spam domains from today 2/2/2019.  HELLO SPECTRUM ARE YOU LISTENING?!?! Spectrum-spam-02022019.pngSPAM DOMAINS

ant
Established Sharer

@txrattler wrote:

Sigh ... it's back got blasted with 6 this morning and NONE in the Junk/Spam mail folder.  There was definitely a period of respite.

Does spam email make it to the Junk/Spam folder for anyone? Mine is always empty !

Spam domains from today 2/2/2019.  HELLO SPECTRUM ARE YOU LISTENING?!?! Spectrum-spam-02022019.pngSPAM DOMAINS

I only had seen that spam filter worked with ONE spam e-mail ever so far. All the rest were in my inbox. Speaking of inbox, I got one spam in it since my last post in this forum thread. Smiley Sad

Browser

I have never gotten spam on any roadrunner address I have except one that got hacked years ago that I don't use anymore. Like everyone else here, I have noticed the same increase in spam since the beginning of January: Same spam sent to several roadrunner addresses that I have had forever, including two I have never ever used, as well as my master account, which had only received emails from Time Warner in the past but has never been used to send anything.  For years I would only get TWC messages on the master account.  Now, since Spectrum got involved, I get these provider messages randomly to all my accounts (except one used by my spouse).  These are now  the very same addresses that are now receiving all the spam. Notably my spouse has not gotten any of the recent spam.  Most of these roadrunner addresses have never been installed on any device, only accessed thru webmail, so I have to conclude that the spammers didn't get these address from me.  They had to come from Spectrum, either a direct hack or a hack of one of the companies Spectrum thought wise to release the information to. Another curious thing I have noted about the spam is that it is addressed to the various email addresses but also includes 5 digit number followed by a semi-colon and another 3 digit number when viewed in my email client (OE) and just is addressed to a 5 digit number when viewed via Spectrum webmail. 

As a test, I added a new roadrunner email address last week.  So far, no spam has gone to that address.

Another interesting thing to me is that there has been NO COMMENT from any of the Spectrum contacts on this forum, even though they continue to comment on other threads on the forum.

Needless to say, I am not very happy with Spectrum for this.  I dumped their phone and tv.  Looks like I will have to move my email to one of the big three and find a new internet provider.