Highlighted
Browser

Re: Is anyone else getting more spams in their old @roadrunner.com?

Update:

I'm still getting 5-10 spam emails per day.  I have noticed that it seems to slow down on the weekends, to maybe 1 or 2 and then starts back up on Monday.  The same bogus domains.

On my "free" gmail account .... I get no spam and if I do,  it's in the spam/junk folder not in my Inbox. Ditto for my "free" Outlook. It appears their spam filters work much better than the ISP's.

I'm wondering if @Julia_R  has an update for us on what Spectrum is doing about this.

Proven Sharer

From the business marketing aspect @Julia_R  is correct.  But from the internet side the regulatory agency is the FCC, though their chairman Ajit Pai seems to be backing them away from doing the job as Congress has defined it.  It wouldn't hurt to notify both agencies of the problem and see which one can deliver positive results first!

Observer

This is now becoming a real burden. It's not anything I have control over, but certainly the ISP does. This is ridiculous.  There are all sorts of tools for providers to use and this was never a problem before until just recently. Would you kindly fix it? I am contacting the proper entities.

Original Smart Swab <reply@P4jF9customertime.science>

ADT Authorized Premier Provider <reply@0rXSQcustomertime.science>

𝙊𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝 <reply@9zIyylogpass.faith>

𝖡𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗒.𝖼𝗈𝗆 - 𝖳𝖺𝗑 𝖣𝖾𝖻𝗍 𝖱𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝖿 <reply@JcpgFcustomertime.science>

Your Healthy Life <reply@MKWy0logpass.faith>

Home Warranty <reply@zl6yJyaliyam.science>

Original Tac Glasses <reply@m3W5utrackinfo.review>

Original Tac Glasses <reply@tzbU0trackinfo.review>

Original Tac Glasses <reply@ZAplgtrackinfo.review>

Ultra Slim Patch <reply@cNa9nyaliyam.download>

Reverse-Mortgage-Planning <reply@FX1M2yaliyam.science>

Harder and Longer <reply@5VOLnyaliyam.science>

Opti-Health Patch <reply@EuBxLyaliyam.science>

𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗖𝗕𝗗 <reply@7UIutyaliyam.science>

𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗖𝗕𝗗 <reply@tKI19yaliyam.science>

Diabetes Destroyer Program <reply@TMSuWgifttrack.date>

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝑻𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒔 <reply@Me171yaliyam.webcam>

FoliNu Advanced Growth <reply@X8F1Uyaliyam.win>

FoliNu Advanced Growth <reply@1boAxyaliyam.win>

FHA Rate Guide <noreply@ufhost.com>

𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕.𝒄𝒐𝒎 <reply@sFr3Steamfaith.stream>

Fungus Free Exclusive Offer <reply@JaqChgifttrack.bid>

Harder and Longer <reply@aZXSbgifttrack.bid>

Harder and Longer <reply@Tl9Hlgifttrack.bid>

Diathrive <reply@p8bUoyaliyam.faith>

All Natural Supplements <noreply@kernel.org>

Auto Protection Quotes <reply@highwaters.com>

Home Warranty Special <reply@kHL1Vyaliyam.faith>

𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 <reply@r6r5iyaliyam.faith>

Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion to go to mail.twc.com.  Both my husband and I have been getting these strange emails with their bizarre addresses since sometime in January.  I've been vigilant in adding them to blocked senders, taking only the last part of the email address such as yaliyam.loan or yaliyam.science etc.  However they just keep coming nearly everyday always with some new variation so that they can get by the spam blocker on Spectrum's new email site.  I've now tried your suggestion of going to the old twc site and clicking on "report spam" and am hoping that it will help get rid of these parasites.  And by the way, it feels as though they know my interests which is very creepy.  Does anyone else have that same sense?  I'm not happy with Spectrum's new webmail site.  Not only are we getting these bizarre spams but it's also very slow.

Not applicable

Thank you Captain Nemo for the "rules" suggestion.  I never did that before but I did it today in my apple mail program - all those same suffixes that you mentioned in your post + .faith and .racing.  Sure hope this works.

Browser

Update:

1) Still getting lots spam from the usual bogus domains.

2) Junk/Spam folder is always empty nothing makes it in there.

I have a workaround though, it works for me but it may not be  for everyone. NOTE: I use a browser to access webmail (not a desktop client)

I created a new folder Inbox2 then created filter rules (under Settings) to route all
trusted emails to Inbox2.

In essence, I've made my Inbox a "Junk/Spam" folder and my filter rules are a whitelist that put my emails from trusted domains and addresses in a nice clean Inbox2.

The filter rules allow for wild-cards, so one can filter based on domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com (known good domains) down to the whole email address, if needed.

Its a little annoying that now I have two steps to get to my email when on my phone, since the default view is my Inbox.

Still waiting for a response from Spectrum regarding all of this.

ant
Established Sharer

It had been many days since I have gotten spam emails in my inbox. Hmm! Did Charter finally fix this problem?

Observer

I am happy to say, I haven't received any spam from the perps in about a week. Fingers crossed and thanks to the techs who seem have gotten a handle on this problem.

Browser

Same here. I received only 1 spam email  about four days ago.

After an almost two month onslaught of spam, I'm going to take a wait and see approach before saying it's been fixed Smiley Happy  Definitely better!

Browser

I have not received any spam since I changed my master account to a newly established address, disabled the rr accounts I had not really used, and set up an outlook.com account to collect the emails from the rr account I had been using, with the intent to migrate all email traffic to the new outlook account to prepare for my switch to a new internet provider.  Some of my previous posts were called offensive and were deleted. I believe the release of my email addresses by this company is/was totally offensive and the subsequent spamming was  the fault of this company so I will continue with my plan.  I don't ever want to be targeted like that again by a company whose product I pay for.