Newcomer

Invalid or Expired Certificate - Can no longer use Outlook Mobile

I had setup my account in Outlook Mobile where it was able to auto detect the IMAP settings. Then for a while the login would periodically fail and I was prompted to login again. Now I can no longer login at all. I deleted the account and tried adding it again but cannot as it tells me the certificate has expired or is invalid. 

This has been a problem in the past when Outlook Mobile required SSL. How can secure email not be supported? What needs to be done here to get a valid cert to use Outlook Mobile again?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Invalid or Expired Certificate - Can no longer use Outlook Mobile

Sorry that none of your Forums peers had a suggestion or solution for you.  If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Newcomer

I did try chatting support and they asked for my phone number so they escalte the issue and I have not heard anything since. I will try one of these other options.

Newcomer

So that was a waste of time. I sent them the attahed and they told me if the settings are correct and I can login to webmail I need to contact microsoft. The expired cert belongs to Spectrum. Someone has to manage the twc domain and mailboxes. Outlook Mobile Error.jpg

Proven Sharer

Need to be more specific, please.  So are you trying to log into your legacy TWC Roadrunner account or a brand new Spectrum email account using your Spectrum internet connection?  Or are you accessing Verizon Wireless email on your phone?  How is Microsoft Outlook involved? 

Newcomer

mail.twc.com does not support a secure connection. Cannot use Microsoft Outlook as the mail client on my phone to check either @WI.rr.com or @Twc.com mailboxes. Secure connection not available.

You can read through other posts. For years now Spectrum  for some reason refuses to support SSL. It is 2019 why is secure email not supported? Why can't we add our Spectrum accounts into the mail client with all the other mailboxes so everything is in one place?