Highlighted
Newcomer

IMAP email issues

I've had issues with the mail.twc.com server constantly asking for my password. The mail eventually works but even my phone has issues syncing accounts. Above all that it is dreadfully slow. Today I called and was told they have had a lot of similar complaints and have been working on a fix for a while now. I was given a ticket number and told they are working on it. If enough people complain about it maybe they will work a little harder to fix it. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: IMAP email issues

Good morning. 

Latency and login errors with the server are being seen normally when we are dealing with a mailbox that has met or is exceeding its storage quota. There have been cases of this when the email has thousands of messages stored. We are also seeing this when there are a multitude of sub folders. If you are storing an abundance of messages, you can relieve some of the latency by downloading those with a third party client for local storage instead of storing them on our server.  If you have a large number of sub folders, moving messages into less and deleting those extras would also be suggested. 

There are several Forums members who use email clients who I'm sure would be happy to discuss their experience with them for this purpose. 

Julia R. 

Highlighted
Newcomer

I was under the impression that archiving my emails removed them from the server. I do have a few extra folders so maybe simplifying the mailbox would help? Okay I went in and deleted a few folder which had next to nothing in them. I checked and the files are archived to my cpomputer so I have next to nothing on there. Today I am asked ever two seconds for my password sometimes the password is filled in and sometimes not which tells me it's an eror on your end. You server does not respond to my password. Since Spectrum too over time Warner i've had these issues. Seems like all that Spectrum does is pass the buck on this issue.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

So that i understand, this is happening when using a email client, not when you are logged into webmail?

When you are logged into webmail it is prompting you for your password after you are already logged in?

If you are able to login in and out of webmail, send and receive in webmail and you are experiencing no issues except when you are using a client. I would encourage you to try another client or set the one you are using back up. (making sure that the emails you wish to keep are stored locally on your device)

Julia 

Highlighted
Newcomer

I am having issues in web mail and also on 3rd party clients. Outlook keeps asking for my password then finally works. Thunderbird works then gives me an ID error for your server. I called tech support this morning and was told there is nothing they can do. I depend on email for communication with my doctors at the Cleveland Clinic.  I can't be the only person having these issues. Your call in support has been zero help, in fact the girl today was a bit belligerent in her responses to me. I might add that even my iPhone is having issues pulling from your mail server. It's killing my battery on the phone as it's taking so long in pulling and syncing mail.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

What issues are you having in webmail? Specifically when you are logging in through a browser at wemail.spectrum.net? 

Can you provide us information on how you have Thunderbird set up? 

Do any of your clients remove the email from the server or is everything still stored on our server? 

Julia 

Highlighted
Newcomer

Webmail does work but is really slow. For a while I was unable to delete anything on there. I have to delete multiple times for it to work.

Thunderbird asked for me email address and pretty much sets itself up. It too doesn't work and eventually populates with emails.

The only program that actuall works with your server is Gmail. It sets itself up as a POP server and I elected to leave mail on the server so IMAP in other clients are able to retrieve it. I would hate not to be able to see my mail on my phone.

It's my assumption that IMAP constantly looks to your server to sync all my clients. I would be willing to delte a few folders I have set up if it would help but I'm not so sure thats what is going on. This all just started a few months ago and has gotten progressively worse over time. This morning I lost all my emails and then after syncing they all showed up again after syncing the inbox in Outlook. This happens all the time.  I looked in web mail and I am using about 200mb of 5gb after archiving whcih I do monthly.

Highlighted
Newcomer

Clearly you have done something to help me on these issues. Since late last night I've only been asked for my password once. I looked at my phone and had 2276 emails unread. It works much better in Outlook. It syncs faster with your mail server. Fingers crossed here but it's working much better.
Highlighted
Newcomer

Thank You!