Highlighted
Browser

IMAP Server-Side Email Folders Messed Up

Good Morning,

I recently moved my email service from POP to IMAP.  In the process of moving to IMAP all of the various email folders have become messed up. Using Spectrum's webmail client I have attempted to delete the various duplicate folders and correct the issues. The webmail client is not deleting the duplicate folders. I have also lost the default IMAP sent mail folder and can no longer see any emails I have sent.  Here is an image of what the folder structure should look like:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here is an image of what my current folder structure looks like:

Screenshot_2.jpg

Notice that there is no Sent Mail (with a paper airplane) folder in my current set up.

I have tried multiple email clients, multiple cell phone clients, and multiple browsers. I have wiped the cache on my browsers and tried everything I can think of to make this work. I have also deleted all of my email clients. I made sure I was logged out of all webmail clients and deleted my account from all of my cell phones. The only client I am currently using right now is Spectrum's webmail interface. I did this to assure that no other possible clients were syncing improperly.

I have been on the phone four times over the last two days with spectrum support. As I feared, they have been pretty useless and keep telling me to do things that I have already tried.

This has to be a server-side error in the configuration as the only client I am currently using is spectrum's webmail client.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I would really like to get my folders back to the default set up as shown in the first photograph.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: IMAP Server-Side Email Folders Messed Up

There is a known issue impacting latency with webmail and the latency issue is directed correlated to the total number of emails.

Are you still seeing the same issue?  

Highlighted
Browser

Yes. This has been ongoing for several days.....

How does latency affect the webmail folders???  Most of them are empty.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Have you tried sending an email to see if the airplane icon reappears?   It may be because there are no sent emails. 

Highlighted
Browser

Yes.  It does not reappear.

And I do not see the sent email anywhere.

And yes, the email was received on the other end.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks.  Please contact us directly by private message @Forums_Help so we can assist

further.   When contacting us by private message, please include your name, account number, address  and contact information.   

If you prefer, you can also contact us at: 

Highlighted
Browser

Screenshot_2.jpg