Rookie

I just want my emails I click as delete from my iPhone to also delete from TWC email....

Why do I delete items from my iPhone only to have them still remain in the inbox of my rr account?  I spent 2 days cleaning up my webmail inbox that I cannot recoup.  Please some savvy expert out there tell me how to sync these deletions and ultimate permanent deletions from the twc server.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Rookie

Outlook & email delete sync?

Me again.  My husband uses full Outlook with his rr accounts.  They do not permanently delete from the rr server despite being deleted from Outlook.  Anyone know of a solution?  Thank you in advance.

Also, if we create sub folders in rr email via webmail, will they sync with Outlook?

Lead Moderator

Re: I just want my emails I click as delete from my iPhone to also delete from TWC email....

First thing you will want to take a look at is how you have the email set up in your phone.

Do you have it set up for POP or IMAP?

Do you access your email on other devices or just this phone?

TWC Email Support Page will have some instructions on how to set things up.

If this is your only device that you want access to your email and you want the email 

to be deleted from the server when deleted from your phone you will want to set

that up as POP. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Re: I just want my emails I click as delete from my iPhone to also delete from TWC email....

Thank you for responding.  My settings are POP.  I even have it checked to delete from server when removed from inbox, but that does not happen unfortunately.

Lead Moderator

Is this the default mail program on your telephone? 

I would suggest deleting the email and trying to set that up again.

If the program you are using is not doing what you have programmed it to 

do you may want to look into another mail application. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Contributor

I have seen (probably only way)  the checkoff for POP to "delete from server when removed" not actually delete until they are deleted from the deleted items folder.  So, purge your deleted items and redownload and see if they delete off the server.  Goes for both systems if both using POP.

/Dan