Highlighted
Newcomer

How do I setup my imap client so that if I delete a message on one client, it deletes it on all?

I have my iPhone, iPad, and Mac setup to retrieve my email.  I have all clients setup as IMAP.  I want to be able to open email on one device, delete messages I don't want, read others, and have both actions reflected on all devices.  What setting am I missing?  I have another email (from a different company) which works as I want it to, but I cannot see any difference in my settings between accounts.  Any ideas?

TIA

Chris

1 REPLY
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I setup my imap client so that if I delete a message on one client, it deletes it on all?

You are "syncing" the deleted items or trash, or whatever it is named in your email clients.  Remove that and the "deleted" folders will not stay in sync and each will only have the items deleted in that client and your other folders will sync only the items still there (deleted items removed).  Hope I explained.  You gave no software you are using.  Otherwords, only sync folders you want to stay synced on each machine.

/Dan