Highlighted
Rookie

Group email not received

I am a member of a group that has a group distribution email.  Both members on it that have Spectrum email accounts do not receive emails from the group account.  The emails do not appear in the Spam folder.  I have set the email address as being "safe" in my settings but the emails still do not arrive.  Is there any way of knowing if Spectrum has blocked an account?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Group email not received

Does the sender of the email get a bounce back or error message when trying to send the group email?  

Highlighted
Rookie

The sender has received no bounce back emails or error messages.  

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Hello!

Can the sender send individual emails to those  addresses? 

Julia 

Highlighted
Rookie

Yes.  Both of us with Spectrum accounts can receive individual emails from the sender with the same domain name as the group emails.  Neither of us receive the group email, and the sender receives no notification that the group email is not delivered to us.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

I suspect this is due to the size of the group list.  I would encourage the sender to try and split the group (if this is the case) into a few smaller groups. It may be hitting our server and being stalled due to the number of recipients.

Do you know if the size of the email themselves are large? Do you know if other Spectrum customers are able to receive the emails? 

Julia 

Highlighted
Rookie

The list includes 30 members.  What is the limit on list size that Spectrum prevents?

If the number of recipients is preventing delivery, would the order matter?  That is, if my address was listed first on the recipient order, would the mail come through?

Yes, there is one other Spectrum member on the list, and he does not receive any of the emails either.  We recently had a test email sent, which was only one sentence long, and so the size of the actual mail is minimal.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

A list size limit would likely be imposed from the sending end, not the receiving end.

Sometimes the restriction is within the client itself, otherwise it may be a limit for the service. Need to understand the limits to see if there are ways around them.

Some clients may limit full email size to 20mb, even though the service caps at 25mb. You may have a total cap of 500 sends for the day, but you may not be able to send more than 20 on the address line-- but may get around that by using BCC.

500/day was a hard cap for google a couple years back... not sure if that has changed now.
Highlighted
Community Manager

I agree that the issue, as described, is an issue with the sender and not an issue with the receiver.  Most likely, the sender has been blocked.  You can direct the sender to contact Spamhaus to determine if emails are being blocked.