Extremely Slow Web Email

When I had carolina.rr.com email, the web mail server was the slowest server I ever encoubtered. You literally can clik the inbox and go hae a cup of coffee before the inbox loaded. Now it is Spectrum and I see absolutley no difference. FIrst of all, it wouldve been nice for Spectrum to tell me they were changing the server setting s and I ahd to change my password. Thats not the real issue, the real iisue is I open up the application and like the previous server I have to wait for ever for items to open.  No matter what option I click the spinning wheel appears and I have to wait. This is 2019 for pity's sake. You have enough money from your customers to have a decent size server with some power too. What an absolute joke. 

4 REPLIES 4
Lead Moderator

Re: Extremely Slow Web Email

@mgeorgevich7135 

Good morning. We can look into this. Are you using the website to retrieve your email or are you using a client like Outlook or other?

If you are using a browser which and what version? Do you have the same result on other computers and/or other browsers?

If using a client do you have it set up as IMAP or POP?

How much storage is used? How many messages do you keep in your inbox? In the settings how many emails do you have set to display in the window? 

Do you have multiple email addresses with us? If so do you experience the same symptom with both? We have multiple servers, it would be interesting to see if they are on the same server. 

If you would like to PM us to look into this we can do that here: Forums_Help

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

I have been having problems ever since the service changed from POP to IMAP, my Mac Mail program it seemed is no longer compatible and the inbox was constantly updating and syncing so the emails were bouncing around the screen.  The mailbox got full, no solutions, couldn't delete emails either and webmail was unusably slow. Finally Spectrum deleted ALL my email in an effort to solve the problem.  However nothing is solved, the webmail is unusably slow, And the search feature doesn't seem to work.  I have been trying to remedy this for months. I am not even sure if it is deleting the few emails I can delete. I can't even really get my email anymore, only if it just comes in at that moment and I am on the first page.  Way too slow to even be able to look through or sort .

Lead Moderator

Hi @jules105 

Are you having this problem with you go directly to the webmail site or just when you are trying to use the mail client?

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

I am having the same problem. This thing is so slow as to be essentially unusable. I tend to keep my in-box pretty low and take the trash out often. I am trying to move to the bottom of the inbox and delete a couple hundred at a time and it just won't do it or takes a glacially long time.

So what is the solution for this - this needs to work, after all, we are paying money for it it seems that it should work better than it does. As it is, I would say it doesn't work at all.