Observer

Email issues

Been using my twc (roadrunner) email address for years on multiple platforms (Apple Mail on MacBook and iPhone, and with Outlook on Windows SurfacePro). Noticed a few weeks ago I was receiving email on all platforms but couldn’t send. Researched online and tried everything (server settings, switching all to imap instead of pop, etc.). I even changed my account password to reset everything. Yesterday took drastic measure of deleting accounts on iPhone and SurfacePro. Now I can’t add the accounts back! I can access webmail and I can access my twc account online, so it’snot A username/password issue. Why can’t I add this email account in these devices? Why is the account on my MacBook able to receive but still unable to send? All server settings are correct (I’ve double and triple checked them)! Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Email issues

I apologize for any service issues.   If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Observer

I contacted support yesterday and was one the phone with two different "tech" reps for about 30 minutes before I hung up!  They informed me that the issue was a "device issue" and not a Spectrum issue and that they are unable to troubleshoot issues on other platforms!  Of course this is a boilerplate resposne and total(edited)!  When I asked how is it that I have used my twc email on other platforms for years (including Outlook, Apple Mail, iPhone, etc.) without issue and that all of these failed at the same time, they responded "coincidence!"  They then told me just to use webmail and not worry about trying to access or use my twc account via other platforms!  It is obvious to me that Spectrum is not going to take responsibility for something they messed up, will only point the finger elsewhere, and will never resolve this! Spectrum = Worthless.

Observer

I'm having a similar but different problem as I can still access my RR email accounts.  But I'm not able to setup the RR accounts using Microsoft Outlook.  I can with other apps such as gmail, but not outlook.  Was on the phone with Microsoft multiple times and with TWC/Spectrum and then Microsoft again.  Everyone says it's the other guy - pretty frustrating, so I feel your pain.

Are you using the mail.twc.com for both incoming/outgoing mail?  i used to use the old one pop-server.wi.rr.com and smtp-server.wi.rr.com, but those don't seem to work regularly for me.

Rookie

I am having the exact same issue.  I use TWC for my email server and my home ISP. I have been unable to send emails from my android device when on any network other than my home Wi-Fi.   Samsung s8 on Tmobile.

Did you ever figure this out?

Rookie

I also have been driving myself nuts for the last month or so. I had been using the Microsoft Mail app on my laptop from Office 365.  I noticed that as of February 14, 2019, I had no longer been receiving my Roadrunner email, from my Spectrum email account. ( I'd been a TWC customer until they merged, but was able to keep my roadrunner account.) I can pull it up just fine on a browser. But I hate having to use that interface, as this is not my primary email account. So I like to have it dump into my other applications either the Mail client on the laptop or my Outlook. Both of which I've tried all different tips & combinations of IMAP & POP3 settings & port numbers from the web. This is so confusing! Why has everything changed?  I know they've since merged again with Charter, but come on people! Do you want to start losing customers that have been loyal users for years now?

Newcomer

My wife is having the same problem. My twc account works fine right now, but something is up on her iPhone.
Browser

I am having same issue on LG G7 android phone.  Noticed there were unsent emails in outbox becaused sending failed.  I have tried literally every setting without success.  Previously worked fine.