Observer

Re: Email Error 0x800CCC90

As stated by Appearance Tech:                  

"I am also noticing that webmail bodies are blank and do not include any text or image. 

Are these lost for good? These are work emails."

I also have blank email bodies and the emails are work emails.  I'm trying to be patient but this is very frustrating escpecially when you need it and its not working correctly.

I've been a customer of TWC a very long time...maybe too long.  Getting closer to the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back"

Newcomer

I have reported the same error to Time-Warner support.  And, horrors, when I use the mail.twc.com or any variation like webmail.wi.rr.com, if I click on an email in any of my folders, the e-mail is retrieved with no body in the email, and the webmail client states (quote) The message you requested is unavailable. It may already have been deleted or moved from this folder.  (quote) and the e-mail is no longer accessible by me and neither is it in the deleted items folder.  So, the TWC e-mail is being removed from the server before I even have a chance to read it.  I sure hope that I'm not getting urgent messages from my family or banks or anything, because I am unable to read an email once selected from the Inbox and then the e-mail gets deleted completely so I never will be able to read it later.  TWC has a big problem and I first reported it at 11am this morning.  It is 5:12pm and I still have the issue.

Newcomer

To continue, I cannot trust attempting to open any e-mails in my mailbox from TWC because I do not know when the e-mail might be removed upon an attempt to select it.

Newcomer

The problem continues.....7:37pm Friday night.  I hope they work on weekends?

Observer

Update: as of 9:01 PM CST I am now able to recieve emails.  Received emails show up correctly and attachments are there also.

Email seems to be functioning correctly.

Rookie

I can successfully get my email using Windows Live as of yesterday afternoon. But my wife's computer still has the same error code and when she does get email, she receives duplicates of everything!

WTH???
Rookie

I've been having problems with my automatic forwarding to gmail since yesterday.  When I manually reenter the account information it will successfully check the mail.  But the periodic automatic checks all fail with this message:  "Error: Server is temporarily unavailable.
Server returned error "Error in RETR command: no such message.""

The messages are on the server when I go straight to the Time Warner webmail.  I have mine configured to leave messages on the server after I download or forward them so I"m not having problems with things automatically deleting from the server.

Community Manager

@jzbrooks

The email issue has been marked as resolved.  If you are still having an issue, please reply to us in a private message at TWC_ForumsHelp.  Please be sure to include your account information when contacting us.  

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Valued Participant

WHEW!  It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing  these sudden, confusing E-mail errors.  Everything was fine until yesterday around 10am EST. 

Here's the error messages I keep seeing:

Unable to send or receive messages for the My E-Mail account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR no such message.
Server: 'pop-server.rochester.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Unable to send or receive messages for the My E-Mail account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop-server.rochester.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

I'm glad TWC is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

Community Manager

@InternetMom13

I apologize for the frustration.  Please try changing the incoming mail port from 110 to port 995.   Then please try a test email to yourself.  If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp so we can assist further.

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator