Observer

Email Error 0x800CCC90

I have an isuue that just started today.  When I send/recieve emails I get the following error:

error (0x800CCC90) : Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR no such message.

It seems that I can send emails but only receive some emails (It appears emails with attachments will not come through and I maybe missing others).  Nothing has changed on my computer and as of esterday all was fine. 

I'm setup with POP3 and (as was suggested in another thread) switching to IMAP is not an option as the "server type" in the email account settings is greyed out (showing POP3) and I'm unable to change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

22 REPLIES

Re: Email Error 0x800CCC90

There is currently an issue with email when retrieving from a client. There should be no trouble found when accessing the email portal at webmail.twc.com

Melissa O.

TWC Community Forum Moderator

Observer

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm assuming then that the error will go away when the isue is resolved?

Yes, that is correct. If the issue persists for the remainder of the day, please check with us for an update on resolution.
Observer

Thank you for your help. Smiley Happy

Spectator

The moderator is correct in that you can access webmail.    However, some of the messages have no body or attachments with them and are otherwise blank beyond the subject line.    One says it is 50kb, and it is a commercial message/ad I would like to see, but the message is not there and if I forward it to another webmail, i.e. yahoo, hotmail, etc. the message arrives without the content.

Spectator

Just got an email from Bob Evans in my webmail which should have coupons, etc.    No body in the message at all once again.      I also went to another webmail, and sent a test message to my RR account.    The message, which was text, came through on webmail and came through on the POP3 server, but it was the only message and then the POP 3 server went to error.    Hopefully RR will assure us that no messages have been lost and the body of messages now missing will appear when they fix the issue.

I am also noticing that webmail bodies are blank and do not include any text or image.

Are these lost for good? These are work emails.

Newcomer

I'm getting the exact same errors. Do we have an ETA on resolution of this? Are the emails gone forever or will the reappear when the issue is resolved?

Rookie

Same problem as everyone else. First started at about 7:35 AM CDT today for me. Chatted with support - took about an hour for them to admit problem. No ETA on resolution.