Highlighted
Browser

Re: Issues with an IMAP account

I did clear my logs and then tried to write an email so I could record everything. This is what was logged.

NS_NOINTERFACE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface] stack-trace-collector.js:84
window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. blank
XUL box for statusbarpanel element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. 2 messengercompose.xul
XUL box for statusbarpanel element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. toolbarIconColor.js:69:31
XUL box for statusbarpanel element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. messengercompose.xul
XUL box for statusbarpanel element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. messenger.xul
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. index.html:3:94
Highlighted
Contributor

Can't help with your problem trader, but I finding out a bit more about mine.  There *is* an incompatability between Thunderbird and the Charter imap servers.  The Charter imap servers  do not properly implement the standards. 

[much of this translated by me, and may not be technically correct, but get's the idea across]

Some email programs send a 'redundant' SELECT command on the inbox before doing the FETCH.  Thunderbird does not send an extra SELECT command on the inbox if the last selected location was the inbox.  The imap server is supposed to remember the last selected.  Appearantly the Charter imap server does not, so when Thunderbird tried to get new messages, the server does not know where to look.  Rebooting TB causes it to send again the SELECT command and it is able to see all the new message -- until somethin new new shows up.

Highlighted
Browser

I was having problems just connecting to their imap server. So I deleted all my tbird accounts and created a new account. But first, I went into Spectrum and changed my pwd. I then used this pwd to put into tbird account.
Anyways, didnt matter. I still get error when connecting that says "unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration or username or password
Highlighted
Contributor

Do you have a xx@xx.rr.com address? (or maybe other legacy email addresses)  Which imap server are you trying to use?

Highlighted
Contributor

Sounds like Charter is using long obsolete/unsupported email software.   Openwave/Openwave Email MX/Unwired Planet/Openwave Messaging/Synchronoss Technologies/Synchronoss messaging/Synchronoss Email Suite/Intermail.  From a Thunderbird support expert "I lost track of exactly when the Intermail product was no longer supported but according to one bug report four years ago your ISP was using version 9.0 of the software, and your log file shows they're currently using 9.0.1."

Come on Charter, Update your server to something that is fully RFC3501 compliant. 

Highlighted
Browser

So I changed my settings in TB to use Imap as they suggested. However, I still cant connect to their servers. Getting error that says "Unable to log in to server. Probably wrong configuration, username, or password."
So I put the same info into my phone email client and it works fine.
When is somebody going to look into this
Highlighted
Contributor

What email server are you trying to use?  Are you using mobile.charter.net?  If you have a legacy account, that server will not recognize your credentials.  If you have a rr.com account like I do try using mail.twc.com as the email server.  Port = 993, security = SSL/TLS, normal password. 

Highlighted
Browser

Hey, I will try anything at this point. A while back, Spectrum James (who is now MIA) suggested we change to charter.mobile.net which I did but it doesnt recognize me. So, I will change it back to what I had and still use the Imap server
Highlighted
Browser

So, I made those changes and tried several times including changing my password on webmail to no avail. I guess I will call on monday and see if someone can get me connected.
Highlighted
Browser

It only gets worse. After trying all the suggestions in this thread. I keep getting the "I dont recognize" you message. So I am thinking its the password. So I log into webmail and change the password. I use this password with Tbird and get the same message. So I change it again and to change the default pwd they give me to something else, I need to go to support.spectrum.com. Guess what. That site doesnt recognize my new password. Could it be that the support site uses a different pwd than the webmail site? Crazy right? So now even my phone email doesnt work. No email all weekend. Need to call support Monday and hopefully someone can get me working. Apparently, support isnt following the forum.