Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Cannot send email using Thunderbird anymore. What changed?

I'm also having issues using Thunderbird with Spectrum mail servers.  In my case, I'm on the mail.twc.com server, and I am using IMAP.  My problem involes getting new messages.  Thunderbird isn't properly syncing with the Spectrum servers.

After working on it here, and then taking it to the Mozilla Thunderbird forum, I'm begining to think there are some major compatability issues between Thunderbird and the way the Spectrum servers are configured. 

Highlighted
Browser

Re: Cannot send email using Thunderbird anymore. What changed?

Something must have changed on their end. When speaking with their pseudo tech, I got the impression they are aware of this issue.
Perhaps someone from Spectrum can chime in here.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Issues with an IMAP account

It has got to be some incompatibility between Thunderbird and the mail.twc.com servers. I installed a fresh copy of Thunderbird on a different Windows 10 machine that had never had Thunderbird installed - so it was definitely a clean install. Same symptoms, but they sync and don't sync different messages. How do I get someone to look into this?

Highlighted
Contributor

Moving this to a different path.......

I recently moved from a Win 7 machine to a Win 10 machine. In setting up Thunderbird on the new machine, I decided to use IMAP instead of the POP3 I was using on the old machine.

Thunderbird auto-setup wants to use the server mobile.charter.net, which is the same server recommended by a Spectrum spokesman.  However, with an @WI.rr.com email address, mobile.charter.net does not recognize me and I can't log on to that email server. For many years, I have been using mail.twc.com, and that server still allows me to log on. However, I suspect that legacy server is not being maintained properly, and it is creating a problem for me trying to use IMAP. (Thunderbird is not recognizing all new messages)

How would I go about getting my credentials recognized by mobile.spectrum.net so that I could use that server? I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESSES. I've had this email address almost since the inception of TWC and changing it would be quite problematic.

Highlighted
Browser

Different Path? Is the thunderbird communication issue with spectrum servers corrected? Where are we?
Highlighted
Browser

Going on 4 days now and still no email via Thunderbird & Spectrum. Something changed and it wasn't Thunderbird. I was using the TWC  address before but tried the mobile.charter.net setting for both incoming and outgoing mail. My mail still will not download from your server and I still cannot write an email. This is the message I get.

An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: p-impout001.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 205.185.222.131 blocked AUP#CMBL.

So, Spectrum guy, can you decypher this error message and get me back running again?

Highlighted
Contributor

Someone seems to have merged two threads here.  My issue is Thunderbird not seeing all the new messages on the server.  For example right now there are 19 new messages showing up on the webmail page, but Thunderbird has only loaded 15 of them.  Trying to work the issue both here and on the Mozilla Thunderbird forums.  TB works everywhere except mail.twc.com, and mail.twc.com seems good with other mail clients (Win10 'Mail' and 'Mail' on my phone).  So it seems like a compatability issue.  Both TB auto-setup and Spectrum support tell me to use the server "mobile.charter.net", but with the old wi.rr.com email address, that server does not recognize me.  The only server that I can log into is mail.twc.com, and I suspect that one is not being maintained well anymore. 

Highlighted
Browser

Yea, I used the new credentials and I think it recognized me but I still get the error message I posted. I think it is saying in SpectrumLanguage that I am being blocked.
Highlighted
Contributor

Did they move you from mail.twc.com to mobile.charter.net? If they did, it sounds like they missed something.
Highlighted
Browser

No, they havent done a thing. All I did was to change my server settings as was suggested on this forum. However, that didnt change a thing. I am using the same settings on my phone that I was using with TB. We need a resolution from Spectrum. Are you listening???