Rookie

Re: Can't send email -- Outlook Express repeatedly requests user & pw even though they're correc

@shootski wrote:

It appears to be an expired certificate problem.

Is this cert. on our local 'puter or in their system?

My Forte' e-mail receives but will not send, no changes to my system...

Russ

Spectator

Re: Can't send email -- Outlook Express repeatedly requests user & pw even though they're correc

I am having the same issue, I cannot send an email from my rr accounts from my phone or my computer. No problems with gmail or my work email. Very frustrating!!!
Not applicable

Definitely a Spectrum issue. G-mail woorks just fine.

Observer

Having the same problem.

Not applicable

Fixed mine!!

Had to use the settings Spectrum suggests. Did not work till I used my complete email add. for my username. This is NOT myusername used to log in to my accnt!!!!

These are my new server settings:

incoming server:   mail.twc.com

outgoing:

Not applicable

just got kicked off!

outgoing server: mail.twc.com

username: full email address

password save CHECKED

req. logon using spa:  NOT CHECKED

under More Settings:

under outgoing Server: 

my outging server req auth:  CHECKED

use same settings as my incoming serverL CHECKED

under advanced menu:

incoming port# 110

outging   587

this server requires SSL/TLS:  UNCHECKED

use the following type of encryption:  NONE

Hope this helps everyone!

Newcomer

Same problem

Three days, and many hours spent trying to find a solution, including three calls to tech support.

• The first two calls to tech support resulted in me being told Spectrum had no problem, the problem was my client email program, and I should call the client email program for help. 
  • On the third call to tech support, I got some answers. If I understand what I was told, when a cable company takes over another cable company, as a courtesy they take over the sellers email. As a courtesy, they adjust things so their server will work with your client email programs. Spectrum’s system is working fine, it has no problem since we are able to log onto Spectrum web mail. Spectrum has decided not to adjust their setup to work with other client programs. It is up to your client email program to work with their server. This is my understanding of what I was told. Although I am very knowledgeable about computers, email is not my area of expertise. You might want to check this out yourself.

It sounds to me like Spectrum doesn’t care about us.

Venting:

•  We should have been given advance notice so we could adjust and make any change we need to make.
  •  Tech support should have told us what the story was on the first call instead of letting us waste our time trying to find a solution.
Browser

I fixed mine by just erasing and re-entering my user name for the outgoing server.

******.roadrunner.com

Don't know why it worked, but it did on two computers.

Rookie

thank you olddon -- after three days of rude tech support and getting nowhere (yeah we're aware of the problem) - -did what you suggested - while it's sending slow --it's sending -- thanks!!

Not applicable

HisSon,  Kudos, you found the key to the problem:  Entering the entire email address  user name instead of just the user name.  The problem just started about 3 days ago - SPECTRUM obviously changed something.  SPECTRUM support stinks.   2 days ago I called and was told it was a server problem, techs are working on the problem, give them 6 or so hours.  Yesterday still the same problem.   I called and they gave the same answer.   Today I checked the Forums and found your solution. - THANK YOU.   Then I went on chat to see what answer they would give.  He asked if he could change my password.  I said absolutely not, told him about 2 days of bogus answers, the that the solution is in the Community Forums.  He said, yeah, after changing the pw he was gong to tell me to change my username to my full email address.   Lame.   I'm wondering why they havent marked your solution as the fix to the problem?   Are there any moderators in this Forum?