Highlighted
Rookie

Can't send email -- Outlook Express repeatedly requests user & pw even though they're correct.

Suddenly I can't send email from Outlook Express, and I've changed nothing in OE.

I get a popup in OE saying "Please enter your user name and password for the following server". After entering the correct user and pw, nothing happens, the popup dialog reappears, I re-enter the data, and so on.

Is there a current issue that's screwing up server communication with OE?

25 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Can't send email -- Outlook Express repeatedly requests user & pw even though they're correc

i CALLED YESTERDAY WITH THE SAME ISSUE.  I CAN RECEIVE EMAIL, BUT, CANNOT SEND.  TWC SAID THEY COULD NOT HELP AND TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT!!  CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL.    HOPE YOU GET AN ANSWER.

Rookie

Re: Can't send email -- Outlook Express repeatedly requests user & pw even though they're correc

I'm having the same issue using Outlook

Browser

I can't believe they are not admiting they have a problem STILL. Yesteday morning they were

getting calls about this email problem and were telling everyone that it was the client problem

ie outlook, thunderbird etc.  Last night they admitted to me that they were having a problem and said all thier techs were aware of it, but I guess not. They are still insisting there is no problem!

See the post "is the smpt server down"

Newcomer

I have the same problem. Very impressive customer/tech support....

Not applicable

Its not just  Outlook. Apple mail won't send e-mail either.

Observer

Same here with Thunderbird, it stopped working around mid -day yesterday.  My wife has had to resort to using web mail for sending outgoing email until Spectrum fixes THEIR problem.

THX!

Not applicable

It appears to be an expired certificate problem.

Not applicable

I also use Thunderbird and mine stopped sending around mid-day yesterday. Hope this gets fixed quickly!
Newcomer

Same problem here (with Outlook) starting at sometime yesterday on both my computer and my wife's. Try to enter password and it won't accept it.  Pop-up window returns asking for password all over again. Had similar problem with wife's subaccount a while ago where something?  'disabled' her account at TWC. Per TWC I logged into Webmail Main Account and got into 'RR Selfcare' User Management Page where I could 'Enable' her account.  This time however when I log in, our accounts are still enabled. Not sure where to go from here.  FYI -  Spectrum page is somewhat different. Path to  see if account is disabled:  rr.com / click on 'Mail' / click on 'Settings' / click on 'Change Password' / enter Main Account email & password / click on 'Log In' / click on "Manage User'. You can now see whether account is enabled or disabled and change it if needed.