Newcomer

Can't create subaccounts

I just signed up with TWC a week ago. I can log in with with my email through TW but when I try to create the subaccount through the subscribe selfcare link provided, I am sent to a separate login page, directed to select BrightHouse or TW, then my area of service (I am in Lake City just outside of Erie). I select Erie, but it keeps telling me the user does not exist. Strange how I can get my email yet not access selfcare. Please advise. You guys aren't exactly user friendly I'm seeing...

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Can't create subaccounts

@marlo wrote:

I just signed up with TWC a week ago. I can log in with with my email through TW but when I try to create the subaccount through the subscribe selfcare link provided, I am sent to a separate login page, directed to select BrightHouse or TW, then my area of service (I am in Lake City just outside of Erie). I select Erie, but it keeps telling me the user does not exist. Strange how I can get my email yet not access selfcare. Please advise. You guys aren't exactly user friendly I'm seeing...

----------

You should be able to log in with the username and password that was assigned to your account (no choice in that, at least when I joined).  And both ARE case sensitive!

How many email addresses you can assign depends on the account level you have.

Spectrum Employee

The selfcare.twcc.com tool has a some strange & antiquated ways of catagorizing territories... I would try some other options (such as NorthEast Ohio since Erie PA is part of the "NEO" market area), and make sure your master/primary email is the correct one.  You must log in with the primary email on the account in order to be able to change passwords, create sub emails, or delete sub emails.  Total number of sub-emails you can create depends on your internet bandwidth/speed that you are subscribed for.

If you're still having issues marlo, contact the forum moderators with your account number and they should be able to assist you.

Also, DaKat, the master/primary email can be changed.  The customer cannot edit or delete the master email except to change the password, but Tier3 can easily swap in a different sub-email to be the master email on the account.  Unfortunately many installations (especially if it's an "Easy Connect" self install, or a contractor in a  hurry) just quickly create a primary email when the modem is first registered for internet.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Established Sharer

@agentx5 wrote:

Also, DaKat, the master/primary email can be changed.  The customer cannot edit or delete the master email except to change the password, but Tier3 can easily swap in a different sub-email to be the master email on the account.  Unfortunately many installations (especially if it's an "Easy Connect" self install, or a contractor in a  hurry) just quickly create a primary email when the modem is first registered for internet.

--------

I signed up more than 20 years ago, and had no choice at that time, and haven't tried to change anything since, as I use GMail for most of my email needs.