Highlighted
Rookie

Advertising Emal

Every day I receive as many as 5 or 6 advertising emajls in my main Roadrunner (Spectrum) and sub accounts that I would like to permanantly block, how can this be done?

I have added the senders to the Blocked Senders in settings and unsubscribed but the offensive emails continue and are a time-wastng nuisance . This is not a problem with my Mac aaccounts. HELP

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: Advertising Emal

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I would recommend reporting them as spam if they are this. Are you attempting to block by the entire domain or by specific address? 

Julia 

Highlighted
Rookie

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried everthing I can think of to block the offensive advertising emails including blocking the email addresses and the domains when possible, setting up filters and unsubscribing and moving them to spam/junk mail. I have to be careful as many are sent from some variation of roadrunner and rr accounts.

I am planning to eliminate all the sub accounts I rarely use and I would like to change the main account to a different roadrunner account if that is possible.

The next step may be quitting Spectrum /RR and using a different ISP.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

To manage and create new email accounts you will want to login with the master account at

https://selfcare.twcc.com/index.cfm?method=login.login

You can create a new email there, delete or disable the sub accounts. If you would like to promote one of the sub accounts to be the master account please contact us directly at  Forums_Help  Please include your account number, the address we have for the account and the security code from your billing statement. Let us know which email you want to promote and we can take care of that for you.

julia 

Highlighted
Contributor

I keep reporting spam e-mails and continue to get them. I know this is a major problem and the senders keep sending the junk from different e-mail addresses, servers, etc. but think Spectrum needs to do a much better job at blocking this mess. My block list is maxed out 😉
Highlighted
Rookie

In some small way I am happy to know that I am not the only one with this continuing problem and I agree that more needs to be done by Spectrum, besides making their problem my problem. Although the moderator has responded with the obvious suggestions nothing seems to discourage the spammers.

I am about to set up a new iMac so this may be the perfect time to say addios to TW/ Roadrunner/ Spectrum.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

@crimewatcher wrote:
I keep reporting spam e-mails and continue to get them. I know this is a major problem and the senders keep sending the junk from different e-mail addresses, servers, etc. but think Spectrum needs to do a much better job at blocking this mess. My block list is maxed out 😉

Ditto. Others and I have the same problem. Smiley Sad