JW2
Rookie

AUP#I-1320 bouncing email from SPF registered domains, randomly

I manage a domain that has SPF records available in DNS to certify that we are a legitimate domain and do not SPAM.  We have GSuite groups that have more than 100 addresses.  The emails pass from Outlook (on the sending client computer) which hands off to gmail.com SMTP servers.  The email logs show that messages to @nc.rr.com are randomly bounced.  I say randomly because, in one example, 8 recipients were @nc.rr.com.  Within less than one minute, 2 of the 8 recipients were delivered while before, after and between the two, the other 6 were bounced with status AUP#I-1320.  Googling found that AUP#I-1320 means the message was refused because it is over the one-hour quota from the sending domain (again, which is SPF registered).  Why were 2 accepted if 6 rejected?  Other messages 66 of 79 are delivered, so why are 8 an issue?  In each bounce case, the delivery is attempted twice but it is within milliseconds.

Is it possible for TWC/Spectrum to recognize the SPF and waive the limit?  How else can the issue be resolved?  I understand that TWC/Spectrum has to protect against spam but we are not spam.  This is legitimate email that is being blocked.  The same distribution list is used in the morning, and nothing is blocked but when used again in the evening, some messages are rejected with AUP#I-1320.  The same receiving server IP is mentioned whether the message is received or bounced.

Confused, frustrated and amazed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Lead Moderator

Re: AUP#I-1320 bouncing email from SPF registered domains, randomly

Good morning. 

So that we understand clearly, you are using Gmail as a relay? 

What happens if you use your own/alternate SMTP server? 

There has been a problem recently with Gmail reaching/surpassing our hourly and daily limits causing emails to be blocked. 

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

JW2
Rookie

Our email is hosted stay google. The sent emails show our domain. In an email with 8 addresses at nc.rr.com, 2 will bounce and 6 deliver, with successful delivery between the failures, all with the same minute on the time stamp. How can this be over a limit if some are accepted?
JW2
Rookie

Hello Spectrum!

The issue continues.  I cannot find any help by calling every number that I have found or been referred to.  How can email be consistently delivered?

The previous reply mentions issues from GMail.  Our email is relayed through GMail servers but the senders are from @domain.com, not @gmail.com.  Why is @domain.com being rejected if @gmail.com is being throttled?

Even if @domain.com is being throttled, why are several messages accepted and only a few bounced?  They are all in the same "send" and some are logged as accepted even after a recipient is bounced.

This only happens for nc.rr.com destinations.

Still frustrated, confused and amazed.