Expert

Re: unstable connection.

I swear twc has the corrected/uncorrected counters turned off in that model....

Or it's programmed to retry a lot more than once, fixes bad bytes and doesn't log anything, yet the lag from all the retries causes latency spikes.

507 still has the lower s/n whatever is there is constant.

levels haven't changed, how does the speed look?

Browser

The speed is fine with no issues if hard wired straight to the modem. Since I returned the EA6900 I am currently using my old EA3500 and speeds are limited on wired and wireless but they are stable for now. I am still looking for a good reliable router.

Expert

Also, get a good cat 6 cable, there are a bunch of counterfeit cat 5's coming in from china, they're made with cat 3 that's had a black jacket painted over gray...

Browser

Thank you for letting me know, I have some cat 5e cables and a pair of cat 7 cables. Would you by any chance know of a good reliable router in the 1-170 dollar range? After Belkin bought linksys I have seen the quality go down.

I am thinking of buying this router.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HVFNWE/ref=asc_df_B017HVFNWE4495518?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=cnet-pc-20&...

Expert

I thought Linksys got bought by Cisco...

There have been complaints about various supposed 1000 base consumer routers working poorly above 100 megs on the WAN side.

Cables  were also critical

No idea what's good anymore, see what people complain about the least.

Browser

Cisco owned Linksys from 2003 to 2013 then sold it to Belkin. The router I linked looks good since it's made by cisco. It's a small bussiness router + it's 802.11ac. Few reviews out there for it but all have been positive.