Highlighted
Observer

temporary fix for dns server

my computer is getting the dns server from my router (10.x.x.x) instead of the offical dns servers 209.18.47.61 - 62

I statically addressed my pc to use those two servers instead of 10.x.x.x and it seems to be working, the dual stack is wonky because its not an offical ipv6 dns server... but why does my router dish out 10.x.x.x as dns server instead of offical dns servers. I should be getting 2 servers not one.

2 REPLIES 2
Proven Sharer

Re: temporary fix for dns server

If you provided your own router device rather than Spectrum, you are responsible for setting it up correctly.  Turn off the DNS in your router.  You probably will also have to manually edit the router DHCP settings to make your home LAN devices appear as 192.168.0.n which is IPv4.

If you need assistance from forum members to help you do that, we ask that you tell us the model numbers of both your modem and router, and your ZIP Code so we know where in the USA you are located.

Observer

Re: temporary fix for dns server

yea i just disabled ipv6 in windows ethernet options, it rolls over from 4 to 6 constantly i loose connectivity. ipv6 is crap for now even if i use like 1.1.1.1's ipv6 dns servers manually