Not applicable

Re: speed test

Ok fine. my modem doesn't work if I am using any test other than the one TWC pays an annual license to use.

End of discussion. closed accepted  but Arris doesn't agree

Please don't respond I will no longer be looking. and not sure why I bothered. knew it was a fool's errand at the onset

Not applicable

done. problem solved. my modem doesn't live in the real world

Expert

Here is from another poster today: These numbers on 2 of 16 channels resulted in poor service:

2LockedQAM2562537000000 Hz-8.7 dBmV34.7 dB700647236276
3LockedQAM2563543000000 Hz-14.5 dBmV30.6 dB1846402441181

Per the table you copied, channel 2 shouldn't show error correction at all

the above numbers are due to ingress from ATSC digital TV transmitters which we believe to be incorrectly measured in s/n and is a lot worst than plain noise as it's surpressed sideband and has a higher average frequency component than white noise which is what the QAM s/n is scaled from

there is also an issue with all qam systems of which the manufaturers don't do sufficient testing if any on.

The Arris buyout of the Motorola product line has lowered quality as well.

Not applicable

When  I look at the URL of my modem, I don't see a channel 2 or 3. What I see are 74589101113. I do see error correction on all the channels. I see a power level of 2dBmV and a signal to noise ratio of 38dB. What I don't see is any additional log reports from the 20th until now.

If the quality of the Arris company has come down, it is probably because they looked at the customer satisfaction of the major ISPs and decided if the ISP can provide a sloppy product then they, too, can aspire to mediocrity. Most ISPs reccomend the SB line as first choice, but now I think they do so needing a scape goat if what you are saying is true.

Here's the deal. I have a product with a problem and a choice of going to a third party vendor or an OEM. All things being equal, whom do I choose?

Highlighted
Not applicable

After receiving your latest response, I contacted the mfg. of my modem and verified the values given on the modem URL were correct and of the real world. I was also told that the error 3-critical is generated by the ISP and not by the modem mfg. That means that the error was because there was no response for the URL and a timeout was logged. My browser was waiting for information that the ISP did not deliver. Secondly, the OEM tech suggested that my ISP remove the HFC MAC address be removed from your system and re-entered as a new install because there may be corruption with the address at the ISP site.

So what now?

Expert

MFG is not correct and not understanding the problems their equipment has on TWC's system. Neither is TWC's  head end (it's usually the HFC between the head end and your modem or even past your house, further from the head end

MFG's specs are measured and designed for a test lab setup and DO NOT take into account some of the "REAL WORLD" connection issues. Yes your modem is the real world measurements and it's not performing properly but that's due to something before the modem.

All of the Typical T1-T6 critical errors are generated by the modem (CM) you have and sorta indicate where there is/ was a problem. You can't see the errors at the CMTS, and TWC doesn't want you to either.

All of the RF levels and DS s/n  are snapshots when you clicked on or refreshed the signal page, there's no history there. Only comparing total bytes vs correcteds, vs. uncorrecteds can you see the intermittent issues that happened causing the T3 and T4 events

t3 and T4 are usually going to be upstream issues and will show a bad s/n at the CMTS that only TWC can see

And that's only the real tier 3 , tier 4 techs, not the tier 1  that have a red/yellow/green indicator and only on their instantaneous snapshots.

Your best bet is to file a complaint with your states cable tv comission, attorney general on the low speeds and hourly/ daily T3's T4's otherwise there's just a fishin match between you and cable co, the MFG and probably your computer gets blamed as well.Woman Sad

It's probably bad outside plant that TWC has no interest or motivation to troubleshoot and fix and probably more than one house/ amp on the node you're on.

You must measure speed on TWC's speed test site.. It's what they spell out in writing as they won't guarantee anything outside that thru transport /backbone lines

They will usually not send a tech unless speed drops below 80% regularly

of course the squeaky wheel gets the grease...Woman LOL

Not applicable

I love this site because I never know until way after the fact whether my reply was posted or not.

I got the answer two weeks later that I thought I would. My ISP will do nothing because they don't need to do anything.

If my other post does show up it and this one are it. Finally after not giving up you gave me an answer.