Participant

some one told me that the rgv area here in texas now has 24 dwn channels in the modems but !!!

ok so they told me that  last night spectrum now has 24 dwn channels in the modems  but mine is stuck at only 20 why ?

is it cuz its a customer owned modem  ?

3 REPLIES 3
Helper

Re: some one told me that the rgv area here in texas now has 24 dwn channels in the modems but !!!

@DR_Stranger_Whowrote:

ok so they told me that  last night spectrum now has 24 dwn channels in the modems  but mine is stuck at only 20 why ?

is it cuz its a customer owned modem  ?

Nope

Post some details like what modem are you using and your signal levels and event log.

Proven Sharer

Re: some one told me that the rgv area here in texas now has 24 dwn channels in the modems but !!!

If Spectrum and their contractors are still in the midst of shifting channels, not all areas of the RGV will have the full count of 24 DS channels for internet yet.  They usually are powered up in blocks of 4 and then tested. The crews have to take down one old analog channel for each new internet DS to appear, then the head-end crew reprograms all the TV set-top boxes and DVRs overnight.  After all that, the CMTS can finally be reprogrammed to begin assigning the new slots for internet modem traffic.  It's a VERY field-labor-intensive process.

... and beware of using the "someone told me ..." syndrome in the forums without having a source that is reliable, and preferably identifiable. 

Participant

ok sorry for the delay i was a lil busy but i got the info from here

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31912968-RGV-division-went-all-digital