Not applicable

simple MOCA set up - help

Hi, I hope someone can shed some light on this topic:

I have a TWC MOCA enabled gateway, namely the technicolor tc871t.

My previous set up is that I have two seperate coax cable line, one from outside of the house (TWC coax cable) going directly into the gateway, the other coax cable goes from my existing adapter A to adapter B (A is connected to the gateway via ethernet, and B is connected to the computer in another room via ethernet). This all worked out nicely, except I am trying to take out one adapter and use the gateway itself.

What I did is I put a splitter, going into the splitter is the coax cable coming from outside of the house(TWC), then coming out of the splitter are two coax cables 1 and 2. 1 goes into the gateway, and 2 goes into the other room into the Moca adapter B (which connects to the computer). 

(http://www.amazon.com/2PJ5639-Actiontec-MoCA-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00TJIEYTW)

Ever since I did this set up, the network went down and my moca network no longer works.

any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: simple MOCA set up - help

From what I can understand is that the setup you are using requires both of the adapters to work properly. This is only after looking up your specific MOCA adapter and looking up it's manual. Typically we do not support third party devices so any further information would need to be directed to Actiontec as it is their hardware that you are trying to utilize. 

Spectrum Employee

@carlhua wrote:

Hi, I hope someone can shed some light on this topic:

I have a TWC MOCA enabled gateway, namely the technicolor tc871t.

My previous set up is that I have two seperate coax cable line, one from outside of the house (TWC coax cable) going directly into the gateway, the other coax cable goes from my existing adapter A to adapter B (A is connected to the gateway via ethernet, and B is connected to the computer in another room via ethernet). This all worked out nicely, except I am trying to take out one adapter and use the gateway itself.

What I did is I put a splitter, going into the splitter is the coax cable coming from outside of the house(TWC), then coming out of the splitter are two coax cables 1 and 2. 1 goes into the gateway, and 2 goes into the other room into the Moca adapter B (which connects to the computer). 

(http://www.amazon.com/2PJ5639-Actiontec-MoCA-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00TJIEYTW)

Ever since I did this set up, the network went down and my moca network no longer works.

any advice?

The moca feature is not enabled at this time so youll need to revert. I have several used as ethernet bridges right now so I'm pretty interested in this too.

I am a TWC employee and my postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s strategies or opinions.
I am posting of my own volition; not on the clock nor being paid to share this post

Expert

YOU MUST HAVE A POE FILTER BEFORE THE FIRST SPLITTER TO KEEP MOCA IN YOUR HOUSE

Helper

I wished they were not called MOCA filters, they should be called Keeping MOCA in the MOCA zone filters.