Proven Sharer

Re: not connected

@grace10003 wrote:

I can't take this extraordinarily abysmal service anymore.  It's just since the merged with Spectrum.  Why did the gov't allow this merger of two subpar internet companies.  Must have been a lot of green in the pkts.

Grace10003:  This seems to be your first complaint posting in this peer-to-peer TWC user forum.  You might not realize that the idea is that customer volunteers can help other users keep their internet service performing well.  If you can offer some information that will help Rodney 1234, please join us in the technical discussion here. 

We try not to engage in speculation about the political or regulatory process.  Please focus that conversation toward your state's governor, legislators, and others in government who agreed to approve the merger.  We can guarantee almost 100% that the folks you need to influence with your message are NOT reading anyone's comments posted here. 

Contributor

now i get up this morning now the place on my account says i am connected and has a green dot  and on the twc app it has a green dot says i am connected  after about 4 weeks online and i didnt do a thing.   Guess they must have got something right on their end.

Proven Sharer

...and since you replied back we're thinking that you really ARE connected and internet service is working a bit better than before.
Highlighted
Contributor

good for now dont want to talk to soon
Contributor

been running 15 days with no connection issues i see my event log that the dhcp lease renewed have a few t3 timeouts but other than that doing good . Thanks 

Expert

If upstream levels are higher than +50 dBmv, the T3's might be correctable in your home coaxial wiring by removing splitters. But if they're in the mid 40's or lower, probably not unless there's a loose connection.

Contributor

it is in the mid to upper 30
Expert

If they jump more than 3 dB in either direction, the modem will cause a T3 reset which tries to relevel .

If you have a lot, there is still cause for getting a tech out but if all connections have already been replaced, I'll doubt they fingd anything and they usually don't escallate the issues to the bucket truck crews to see what's going on down the street.