Highlighted
Rookie

legacy time warner customer still stuck at 100 mbs

I am a legacy time warner customer  and have not seen any notification of an upgrade to 200 mbs  As a matter of fact I am being charged an extra $10 a month for the ultimate 100 upgrade.  My plan is still the same as when spectrum bought out time warner.  will I be eligibe to be upgraded to 200 mbs anytime soon??  I am in the Los Angeles area.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: legacy time warner customer still stuck at 100 mbs

It is a bit piecemeal in some markets , depending on whether upgrades have been made in your area. Check your rate card to see if the 200 tier is listed under the standard tier. Ours lists both 100 and 200.

I rarely see the sluggish 60-80mbps drops anymore... in the odd cases it drops below 100, a reboot recovers it. Because of how the buffer/bursting scheme works, on smaller transfers it can appear to be running much higher than what I am provisioned for. So it seems SOME segments may be able to bump up (and some neighborhoods have gotten it already), but some of the nodes in my immediate area are still a bit overloaded so they haven't unlocked it for us yet... but say it is in the works.

Might be able to switch to a Spectrum plan and lock in a better deal, depending on whether you can bundle services. Get in touch with your local office though. In my experience they have seemed to have a bit more flexibility then the 800 number in my market.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

check your rate card here:

https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/ratecard

I would make a guess that to get 200 Mbps you might have to upgrade to a real spectrum service tier. If 200 Mbps is available in your area.

Highlighted
Community Manager

As your Forum peers pointed out, to enjoy the benefits of Spectrum service upgrades, you will need to transition to a Spectrum Pricing Plan (SPP).  Customers who remain on legacy TWC pricing plans, also remain on legacy speed tiers.    

To review available plans or make changes to your account, please call us at 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328) or visit a local store. 

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

As your Forum peers pointed out, to enjoy the benefits of Spectrum service upgrades, you will need to transition to a Spectrum Pricing Plan (SPP).  Customers who remain on legacy TWC pricing plans, also remain on legacy speed tiers.    

To review available plans or make changes to your account, please call us at 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328) or visit a local store. 

Yes,

Upgrading to a Spectrum plan is mandatory for the higher speeds.  Spectrum will also upgrade your modem and router if you rent one from them.  If you own your own, you will need to upgrade to a Doc Sis 3.0 to 3.1 modem and get a modern AC router for faster/ best speeds and dynamic distance connection ranges.

Satch

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

yes, when I lived in a former insight-TW area in Southern Indiana , when they announced Spectrum, I  changed my account from 100mbps TW to 200 mbps Spectrum.  If I remember correctly, the price was about the same if you only had interenet service with them. If you had cableTV in a package, the price would go up. Smiley Sad  Because of  the price of Broadcast  fees....

They also required me to change out my modem. You can ask to have them send you a self-install kit,free of charge. If you are capable  of chan ging out a modem, not knowing what your network setup is.