Newcomer

intermittent internet dropping

I have intermittent Internet dropping on wireless and wired connections .

Below is my logs , upstream and down stream connections . 

I have had the cable fron the tap to the house replaced along with the splitter and the cable going to the modem .   I only have Internet service .

Thanks for any help you can provide .

downstream chan1-11.PNGdownstream chan12-16.PNGsystem logs.PNGupstream channels 1-4.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: intermittent internet dropping

I apologize for any poor experience. I've provided a link to internet support that you may find helpful:  Internet Troubleshooting

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at:
•1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)
•Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
•Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Sharer

"I have had the cable fron the tap to the house replaced along with the splitter and the cable going to the modem . I only have Internet service ."

This does not sound right... if you are "internet only", there should be no splits. Perhaps a barrel to extend the line where a splitter would otherwise break off to feed the house with broadcast cable. It should be a straight-lined feed if you are internet only.

I would hazard a guess the line splitting off may not be terminated properly, potentially exposing the line to unwanted interference.
Newcomer

They installed a terminator on the other side of the splitter . Everything is more that finger tight.
Proven Sharer

Adding the termination will lower all the downstream (incoming) signal levels by 4 dB, and also raise the upstream level by the same amount.

It would help if we could see the error counts for each DS channel. Unfortunately Spectrum recently opted to hide those reports on many of the modems they provide. If you have a customer-provided modem please post that page - it tells a lot about the cable signal quality.